Requisition Number: CALLC02558
Since opening our doors in 1926, Seacoast Bank has embraced a visionary approach to the future while remaining true to our local roots and family values. Based in Stuart, we are one of the largest publicly traded banks headquartered in Florida.
We believe that our greatest assets will always be our people — local bankers who are knowledgeable about the communities we serve and dedicated to providing an exceptional customer experience.
We offer exciting and challenging opportunities in an environment that supports diversity, enabling associates across the organization a greater sense of empowerment to create change for the better. This is evident in our American Banker “2020 Best Banks to Work For” and “Best Places to Work for LGBT Equality” by the Human Rights Campaign designations.
This position is responsible for increasing deposits, customer base, and revenue by building rapport with new and existing customers. Responsible for understanding the customer’s current and future financial needs, and match Seacoast Bank’s products and services to those needs. This position performs customer service, inbound relationship building, and operations within the Customer Support Center while meeting and supporting individual and organizational goals and values. Consistently gains the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- College degree (A.A. or A.S. or B.A. or similar) or 2+ years’ work experience in retail sales and/or call center required
- Flexible to work a schedule required to accommodate the demands of a Customer Support Center, including weekends and holidays
- 1+ years of financial services experience preferred
- Proven track record in sales or customer service with a history of achieving goals in excess of expectations
- Demonstrate excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Able to work independently and exercise a high degree of initiative
- PC Proficiency in Desktop, Laptop, Tablet, and Smartphone devices as well as Microsoft Office Suite software and ability to learn other computer systems/programs quickly
- Fluency in Spanish or Portuguese preferred
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Exhibit consistent relationship building including, but not limited to:
- Primary function to handle high call volume and various customer interactions regarding consumer telephone banking accounts
- Ability to handle high call volume and various customer interactions at a fast pace
- Build rapport by exhibiting high competency in customer experience interactions
- Effectively utilize open and closed-ended questions to understand current and future financial goals of customers
- Confidently and proficiently explain Seacoast Bank products and services to customers
- Proven ability to create and enhance relationships based on customer needs
- Exhibit good listening skills and speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations
- Respond promptly to customer needs and requests for service
- Quickly seek out appropriate people in more complex financial matters
- Able to balance business needs with customer requests while managing potential risk to bank
- Embrace new technology and remain up to date on industry changes to create an open environment that fosters idea generation and innovation
- Participate in community, charitable or civic events
- Exhibit strong work ethic and teamwork, collaborating with other associates within the Customer Support Center and across the organization to develop trusting and cooperative working relationships
- Accept feedback and coaching openly and willingly from supervisors and peers to improve performance
- Build proficiencies in all consumer deposit and lending products and processes
- Develop a strong understanding of customer-facing technology with the ability to discuss with and enroll customers in self-service products/processes
- Interact directly with customers by telephone or other electronic mediums to deliver an outstanding customer experience
- Provide an exceptional customer experience by adhering to Call Expectation Guidelines, demonstrate improvements based on Quality Control feedback and coaching, and help the Customer Support Center to meet or exceed Quality Control standards and Net Promoter Score expectations.
- Open and process accounts for customers and perform account maintenance adhering to the bank’s current policies and procedures
- Ensure adherence to AML/BSA requirements, audit procedures, security, Business Continuity, and all other regulated banking requirements
- Follow instructions and responds to management direction to help resolve more difficult customer objections, and solves problems in a timely and positive manner to retain the customer relationship
- Adhere to Seacoast Bank’s Code of Conduct and follow all safety and security procedures
- Ensure proper policy and procedure guidelines are followed in every situation including, but not limited to, policy exceptions and authority-based approvals
- Adhere to the established work schedule
- Ensure customer resolution is obtained by a specific average handle time
- Work with multiple systems in order to fully service customer request
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.