Grand Geneva Resort & Spa is an award-wining, AAA Four Diamond all-seasons resort set on 1,300 acres in the legendary southeastern Wisconsin community of Lake Geneva. Located 90 minutes from Chicago and 50 minutes from Milwaukee, Grand Geneva Resort & Spa features 355 guest accommodations, including deluxe rooms and suites, along with 29 new villas. On site, guests can enjoy the WELL Spa Salon; two championship 18-hole golf courses; The Mountain Top, a ski and snowboard facility; 62,000-square-feet of meeting and convention space and five restaurants. Also on the resort’s grounds is the Timber Ridge Lodge & Waterpark, featuring 225 guest suites and 50,000 square feet of year-round, indoor/outdoor waterpark excitement, bringing the total number of rooms on the Grand Geneva campus to 609. For more information, please visit www.grandgeneva.com and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Position Purpose: Service of food and/or beverage to include the order taking and delivery of any food and/or beverage items. This task is to be handled in a friendly, courteous, helpful, timely and professional manner resulting in a very high level of guest satisfaction.
- Able to stand and walk for 8 hours or more
- Good communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Must be alert to the customer’s needs
- Must have excellent attendance and punctuality
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays
- Must be able to work any shift with flexibility
- Able to lift at least 20 pounds
- Able to perform several tasks simultaneously
- Energetic, enthusiastic and open minded
- Previous Food & Beverage experience a significant benefit but not absolutely required.
- High School Graduate or High School Equivalent.
- Due to the handling of alcoholic beverages candidates must be at least 18 years of age.
- Superior customer service and communication skills a must.
- Able to read, write and speak verbally in English
- Maintain compliance with department policy regarding sequence of service and service standards.
- Demonstrate comprehensive understanding of average check, up-selling and suggestive selling expectations.
- Maintain organization of back of the house and work prep areas as directed, or by use of standardized checklists.
- Maintain proper set, cleanliness and readiness of assigned table section.
- Maintain quality and consistent communication with culinary team, server assistants, hosts, supervisors, managers and any other member of the team interacted with.
- Develop and maintain full working knowledge of all menus provided through Smokey’s Restaurant.
- Maintain precise cash handling skills, collect payment for every item sold and record it according to policy standards.
- Develop and maintain computer operating skills for point of sale purposes.
- Obtains Supervisor or Manager approval prior to leaving any shift and informing that person with any changes or needs in scheduling.
- Maintain an upbeat positive presence with the team atmosphere and customer contact points of the job.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Supervisor or Manager.
Reporting Relationship: F&B Supervisor and F&B Manager
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
Timber Ridge is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: This document describes the general nature and level of work required of people in the job. It is not intended to be an all-encompassing list of responsibilities, duties, and skills.