Senior Reporting Analyst - Lake Forest, IL (LAKE FOREST, IL, US, 60045-5201)
Grainger is a leading broad line distributor with operations primarily in North America, Japan and the United Kingdom. We achieve our purpose, We Keep the World Working®, by serving more than 4.5 million customers with a wide range of products that keep their operations running and their people safe. Grainger also delivers services and solutions, such as technical support and inventory management, to save customers time and money.
We're looking for passionate people who can move our company forward. As one of the 100 Best Companies to Work For, we have a welcoming workplace where you can build a career for yourself while fulfilling our purpose to keep the world working. We embrace new ways of thinking and recognize everyone is an individual. Find your way with Grainger today.
The Sr. Reporting Analyst constructs data, tools, and reports that are needed to generate business insights and actions across business functions. You will work independently to furnish our central data warehouse, propel our analytics capabilities, and distribute relevant reporting for end users across departments. These efforts allow team members to execute their responsibilities and make informed decisions for the betterment of the company and our customers. Will report directly to the Senior Manager, Inventory Management Analytics.
- Engineer and deliver curated datasets that are easy for users to find, understand, and utilize.
- Provide end-to-end support and governance of analytics platforms to ensure users operate them proficiently and appropriately.
- Design and develop sophisticated performance summary reports, operational models, and workflow applications for various business groups.
- Facilitate departmental operating reviews that encapsulate business performance across many indicators.
- Analyze large, complex datasets to define various challenges presented by the business.
- Lead departmental change management and contribute to organizational projects that enhance analytics capabilities.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Supply Chain, Statistics, Information Systems, or related fields.
- Expert proficiency in Teradata, SQL, Business Objects, PowerBI, VBA, database management, and/or supply chain concepts.
- Proven ability to using technology through decision-making and innovation.
- Experience generating and communicating (verbal and written) business insights from a variety of large, complex supply chain data sources in a timely manner.
- Effective interpersonal skills conducive to driving partnerships with leadership, business users, and technical personnel from various departments.
- 5+ years of experience in related field.
Rewards and Benefits:
With benefits starting day one, Grainger is committed to your safety, health and wellbeing. Our programs provide choice and flexibility to meet our team members' individual needs. Check out some of the rewards available to you at Grainger
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance plans
- Paid time off (PTO) and 6 company holidays per year
- Automatic 6% 401(k) company contribution each pay period
- Employee discounts, parental leave, 3:1 match on donations and tuition reimbursement
- A comprehensive set of emotional, financial, physical and social wellbeing programs
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.