Sr. Reporting Analyst (LAKE FOREST, IL, US, 60045-5201)
Sr. Reporting Analyst
Grainger is a broad line, business-to-business distributor of maintenance, repair and operating (MRO) supplies and other related products and services. More than 3.2 million businesses and institutions worldwide rely on Grainger for products such as safety gloves, ladders, motors and janitorial supplies, along with services like inventory management and technical support. These customers represent a broad collection of industries including commercial, government, healthcare and manufacturing. They place orders online, on mobile devices, through sales representatives, over the phone and at local branches. Approximately 5,000 suppliers provide Grainger with more than 1.6 million products stocked in Grainger’s distribution centers and branches worldwide.
This role contributes to the development of key metrics, dashboards, databases, and tools used to inform and execute business decisions across the core growth drivers for the Grainger Business Unit. The Reporting & Analytics team impacts a broad range of the Grainger Business Unit through:
- Field reporting for sales and onsite services team members and leadership including financial performance drivers, performance to goal/compensation, planning and initiative guidance, and execution metrics.
- Customer reporting including partnership with sales and services leaders to design and build critical customer facing analytical resources and close partnership with Grainger Technology Group Customer Insights product team.
- Development of foundational analytics tools for operational excellence across critical support functions and Grainger Business Unit operations.
- Initiative monitoring for consistently and systematically assessing leading indicators of performance for execution to objectives and data-driven planning.
- This role independently leads critical projects and partners with team leadership with contributing to the development and guidance of junior colleagues.
- Engages with Sr. Managers and Directors in providing analysis and reporting to influence both tactical and strategic decisions for the organization
- Designs, implements and evaluates reports, data systems, advanced analytics, and tools to deliver information to internal partners and Grainger’s customers
- Perform detailed, advanced analysis to identify trends, operational issues and exceptions to drive improvement in financial outcomes, customer experience, and team performance
- Collaborate with business partners and cross functional teams to define reporting requirements, and then translate those requirements into a final product that add value to internal teams and/or Grainger’s customers
- Identify and execute on opportunities to simplify, enhance, engineer, and re-engineer complex reporting processes and data systems
- Analyze and translate large sets of raw data, correlate multiple metrics and present actionable conclusions to leadership and customers
- Participate in developing and implementing reporting standards to ensure data quality and accuracy
- Collaborate with internal departments to identify needed data to implement improvements and efficiencies
- Take leadership roles of departmental project teams and coach junior team members in advanced level techniques
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Office, primarily in Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with SQL, Business Intelligence (Power BI, SAP Business Objects, Tableau), Snowflake, Teradata and/or other database/reporting tools
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and business maturity to support senior leadership.
Grainger is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status