Sr Business Analyst (Continuous Improvement) (LAKE FOREST, IL, US, 60045-5201)
Grainger is North America's leading distributor of maintenance, repair, and operating products and services. Our wide assortment, deep expertise, innovative technology solutions and unparalleled customer service keep customers' operations running and their people safe.
We're looking for passionate people who can move our company forward. We have a welcoming workplace where you can build a career for yourself while fulfilling our purpose to keep the world working. We embrace new ways of thinking and recognize everyone is an individual. Find your way at Grainger.
You will report to the Manager of Process Optimization. The primary role of this Senior Business Analyst is to identify systemic solutions that solve important financial needs for Grainger's North America departments, which drives results for $8B of revenue and $2B of expense.
You will help management navigate automated solutions while driving strategic decision support to finance, sales, operations, and all other departments. You are a partner who must work directly with leaders of each GUS Department and Grainger Enterprise System Teams on topics such as financial analyses and profitability focusing on streamlining/automating processes or analyses, sales growth strategies, productivity, Measurements for any department function, and needs that involve systemic solutions.
- Be a liaison working with partners in order to elicit, analyze, communicate, and validate requirements for changes to business processes and information systems.
- Use A3 Thinking to identify the tasks, knowledge, and techniques required to determine proposed solutions to business problems.
- System Development – Analysis work performed to review the current shared solutions used by an organization, to identify the issues, establish the requirements, and suggest best possible solutions, in addition to configuration development and testing.
- Continuous Improvement – Analyze current manual or workflow activities and tasks performed by people, departments, and systems, which are designed to achieve a specific outcome, while assuring data quality/integrity.
- Understand relationships, information exchanges/handoffs, procedures, and observations of work performed to achieve specific outcomes.
- Within the context of the relationship with the business, assures agreement for improvement within the systems landscape.
- Build relationships and partner with management to provide solutions to bring strategy and organizational vision to all departments in the business.
- Develop financial analyses to support the growth and productivity metrics in the department through continuous improvement of data extraction and end-user functionality.
- Provide recommendations and lead discussions with leadership to understand business gaps to provide analytical solutions and an implementation plans that includes a systemic component to reduce time spent on data mining or validating the integrity of data.
- Work with other businesses on plans and new projects, to ensure standardization (SOP's) is being used if applicable when helping each department.
- Document processes to build a library of solutions that future departments can use.
- Bachelor degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent.
- 4 or more years in progressive finance roles.
- Strong knowledge with big data and related data analytics tools (e.g. R, VBA, Python)
- Experience with new reporting tools (e.g. Tableau, Business Objects).
- Experience in SQL coding across enterprise data warehouses (e.g. Teradata,).
- System knowledge of SAP
- Competency in relevant financial skills such as P&L analysis along with other multiple financial analysis tools.
- Broad knowledge and organizational awareness and an understanding of business profitability drivers.
- Strong team skills are required to help integrate solutions to support the business going forward.
- Can work onsite in Lake Forest Headquarters 1-2 days a week for team/business meetings.
Rewards and Benefits:
With benefits starting day one, Grainger is committed to your safety, health and wellbeing. Our programs provide choice and flexibility to meet our team members' individual needs. Check out some of the rewards available to you at Grainger
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance plans
- Paid time off (PTO) and 6 company holidays per year
- Automatic 6% 401(k) company contribution each pay period
- Employee discounts, parental leave, 3:1 match on donations and tuition reimbursement
- A comprehensive set of emotional, financial, physical and social wellbeing programs
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.