We Are Fethr, A Black Swan Company
Fethr and its partners are the world’s leading provider of in-flight entertainment & connectivity (IFEC) technology to the airline industry. More than 70 airlines already fly with our software, significantly the world’s entire top 10, including Qantas, Singapore Airlines, Cathay Pacific and Emirates.
We focus on improving the IFEC passenger experience through personalization, offering an enhanced connected traveler experience, we are helping to transform IFEC from pure entertainment into a retail enabled platform. Our technical expertise brings these innovative experiences to life and captivates millions of passengers every year, while they travel around the globe.
Innovation has been a challenge for the avionics industry due to strict regulations and technological limitations, but this is rapidly changing with an ever-increasing number of planes now connected to the web. IFEC is one of the final untapped spaces where user-experience, advertising, data and applications have not yet matured, and we are working hard to capitalize on those opportunities.
There are exciting times ahead in the world of IFEC and Fethr.
Bringing together a passionate and talented team combining skills in software engineering, data science, design, product innovation and marketing, Black Swan Data thrives on innovating. Launched in 2011, today we employ 260 people worldwide across offices in the UK, USA, Hungary and South Africa.
Senior QA Analyst
- Develop and establish quality assurance measures and testing standards for new applications, products, and/or enhancements to existing applications throughout their development/product lifecycles.
- Create and execute test plans and scripts that will determine optimal application performance according to specifications (test case design, creation and execution).
- Contribute to planning and estimation activities, monitoring processes and reviewing QA deliverables and tasks.
- Prepare and deliver reports, recommendations, or alternatives that address existing and potential trouble areas in IT systems and projects across the organization.
- Defect reporting and retesting, performing regression testing, integration testing, end-to-end testing, API testing.
- Conduct internal audits to measure and assure adherence to established QA standards for software development, application integration, and corresponding documentation.
- Provide input into backlog grooming sessions.
- Liaise with vendors and suppliers in assessing applications and/or systems.
- Analyze documentation and technical specifications of any new application under deployment or consideration to determine its intended functionality.
- Ensure that testing activities allow applications to meet business requirements and systems goals, fulfill end-user requirements, and identify existing or potential issues.
- Communicate test results, and other relevant information to project stakeholders and management.
- Analyze formal test results in order to discover and report any defects, bugs, errors, configuration issues, and interoperability flaws.
- Gather customer issues from the field and maintain Jira database.
- Detail oriented mindset.
- A strong desire to expand current skillset—learn new coding languages and new automation techniques in a highly supportive environment.
- Training junior team members and taking responsibility for their development and professional growth
- 5+ years of experience in software quality assurance engineering.
- Analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Experience working with Agile/Scrum methodology and how QA functions within it.
- Experience of working in Continuous Integration environment.
- Knowledge of BDD software development approach.
- Documenting risks, issues, assumptions and dependencies and proactively managing them.
- Experience with and understanding of various SDLC's, such as: Waterfall, Agile, XP, BBD, TDD.
- Experience with project, development and test management tools - ex: Atlassian Jira, Confluence, Zeplin, TestLink, Bugzilla, QC, RTC Jazz, ServiceNow, Azure.
- Organizational skills.
- Identifying trends / Pattern Recognition skills.
- Accurately estimate timelines for test activities.
- Knowledge of Test management tools e.g. Zephyr, TestRail, QAComplete, TestFLO, qTest.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team setting.
- Strong work ethic.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge/Experience in Linux/Unix environment.
What makes a ‘Swan’?
We want people fanatical about creating innovative solutions inspired by data. We know Black Swan’s DNA is different, it’s what helps us find new perspectives on our clients’ problems. Working in a fast paced, energized environment, our bar is set high, and an ability to build long lasting partnerships both internally and externally is vital.
We have making a difference at our core and that is embedded in our values:
- We believe in long-term partnerships through transparency and honesty
- We believe in leaving the world in a better place than we found it
- We believe anyone can achieve great things. We do not put people in boxes
- We listen more than we talk
- We think 10% crazy is just about right!
Most importantly, and because you spend 60% of your waking time at work, we believe you should enjoy it.
What We Offer
Exciting Clients and Projects – Working with Black Swan we promise to provide an exciting and ever-changing industry within Data Science and Predictive Analysis innovative and challenging projects with some of the leading Brands using the industries latest
Talented Teams – We ensure we have the best talent in the market – We are hire the best of the best as a swan you are exposed to highly skilled and multi-disciplined teams over the world. We have 8 offices across 4 countries!
Career Development – Regardless of which area of the business you work in you can expect to collaborate on all aspects of Black Swan’s projects gaining the exposure you need to develop your expertise. No matter what stage you are in your career your development is our priority.
Working environment – We want you to enjoy coming to work, so we provide the following: Daily supply of all the snacks you can eat, Friday drinks, Flexible Working and Monthly Breakfast courtesy of Black Swan.
We want to positively change the future through technology and the power of prediction. How about you?