We Are Fethr, A Black Swan Company
Fethr and its partners are the world’s leading provider of in-flight entertainment & connectivity (IFEC) technology to the airline industry. More than 70 airlines already fly with our software, significantly the world’s entire top 10, including Qantas, Singapore Airlines, Cathay Pacific and Emirates.
We focus on improving the IFEC passenger experience through personalization, offering an enhanced connected traveler experience, we are helping to transform IFEC from pure entertainment into a retail enabled platform. Our technical expertise brings these innovative experiences to life and captivates millions of passengers every year, while they travel around the globe.
Innovation has been a challenge for the avionics industry due to strict regulations and technological limitations, but this is rapidly changing with an ever-increasing number of planes now connected to the web. IFEC is one of the final untapped spaces where user-experience, advertising, data and applications have not yet matured, and we are working hard to capitalize on those opportunities.
There are exciting times ahead in the world of IFEC and Fethr.
Bringing together a passionate and talented team combining skills in software engineering, data science, design, product innovation and marketing, Black Swan Data thrives on innovating. Launched in 2011, today we employ 300 people worldwide across offices in the UK, USA, Hungary and South Africa.
- Adhering to Black Swan's global testing strategies (e.g. unit testing) to ensure the code is of high quality and minimizes regressions
- Adhering to Black Swan’s coding standards
- Collaborating with developers on other platforms to ensure logic is consistent across platforms
- Competently fix bugs
- Engaging with key internal stakeholders to understand the product and user environments for the solutions we are creating
- Updating technical architecture documentation by providing thoughts and advice
- Generating the appropriate design documents, wireframes and other forms of documentation to clearly represent the solutions being created
- Maintaining existing systems and applications
- Proactively respond to reported tickets on Jira
- Debugging skills based on existing code
- Verifying embedded firmware and higher-level software functionality on projects using Linux operating systems, including Red Hat Linux, Ubuntu
- Maintaining revision control and mastering release process
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Solid understanding of C++ and PHP syntax
- Experience in Microservice Architecture
- Experience in large scale backend systems
- Experience using Git
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with messaging technology (e.g. RabbitMQ)
- Knowledge of technologies such as GraphQL
- Experience with troubleshooting and supporting satellite-based systems or equivalent technologies
- Experience working with and supporting global enterprise-based network systems: Cisco, Juniper, Palo Alto, Avocent, etc.
- Experience with cell modem, wireless, SATCOM and other protocols
- Networking: Switches, Routers, Hubs, Servers, Cables, Racks, Firewalls, LAN, WAN, TCP/IP, DNS, UDP, Latency, VoIP, QoS, EIGRP, BGP, OSPF, NHRP, ATM, PPP, MPLS, VTP, VRF
- Proficiency with mySQL or MariaDB
Beneficial Technical Skills:
- IFE experience or knowledge of In-Flight Entertainment systems and standards
What makes a ‘Swan’?
We want people fanatical about creating innovative solutions inspired by data. We know Black Swan’s DNA is different, it’s what helps us find new perspectives on our clients’ problems. Working in a fast paced, energized environment, our bar is set high, and an ability to build long lasting partnerships both internally and externally is vital.
We have making a difference at our core and that is embedded in our values:
- We believe in long-term partnerships through transparency and honesty
- We believe in leaving the world in a better place than we found it
- We believe anyone can achieve great things. We do not put people in boxes
- We listen more than we talk
- We think 10% crazy is just about right!
Most importantly, and because you spend 60% of your waking time at work, we believe you should enjoy it.
What We Offer
Exciting Clients and Projects – Working with Black Swan we promise to provide an exciting and ever-changing industry within Data Science and Predictive Analysis innovative and challenging projects with some of the leading Brands using the industries latest
Talented Teams – We ensure we have the best talent in the market – We are hire the best of the best as a swan you are exposed to highly skilled and multi-disciplined teams over the world. We have 8 offices across 4 countries!
Career Development – Regardless of which area of the business you work in you can expect to collaborate on all aspects of Black Swan’s projects gaining the exposure you need to develop your expertise. No matter what stage you are in your career your development is our priority.
Working environment – We want you to enjoy coming to work, so we provide the following: Daily supply of all the snacks you can eat, Friday drinks, Flexible Working and Monthly Breakfast courtesy of Black Swan.
We want to positively change the future through technology and the power of prediction. How about you?