Ansell is a leading global provider of protection solutions. Our company designs, develops and manufactures a wide range of protection solutions that meet the ever-changing needs and demands of our markets and industries. Protection is our primary concern as millions of people around the world depend on Ansell in their professional and personal lives.
Our vision is to create a world where people can enjoy optimal protection against the risk they are exposed to. Whether at work or during their leisure time, people require the right protection for the right application. After all, what better guarantee is there than increased safety, security and productivity than through adequate protection.
General Summary of Position
To work closely with marketing (customer), local manufacturing group, customer service group and raw/packing materials vendor to ensure that customer's order are produced and shipped on time.
- To manage and ensure smooth running of the whole production planning, master data management (MDM), materials planning and purchasing sections in order achieve maximum output.
- Interact with customs, government officials and representatives of shipping company/forwarders to ensure smooth operation flow.
- Coordinate and improve customer level at agreed target at all times
- Improve and maintain materials and finished good stock holding at budgeted level or better
- Build up profitable buyer - supplier partnerships
- Develop long range production plans in order to maximise machine output
- Review and improve existing computer system in order to eliminate extra manual work
- Implement and review CRP
- Implement and maintain Master Data Management (MDM)
- Develop team to achieve departmental target
- Maintain good discipline amongst team
- Achieve cost reduction in material
- Source, evaluate and select cost efficient materials or suppliers
- Liaise with marketing groups on issues related to customers orders and/or customers complaints
- Organize periodic review of materials holding and propose materials write off as and when necessary
- Compliance with relevant government and statutory legislation
- Maintain high standard of conducive, safe working condition and good housekeeping.
- Preferably degree/diploma in Business Administration/Marketing/Procurement with at least 10 years working experience in related field.
- Possess at least 10 years working experience in Production planning in manufacturing environment
- At least 5 years working experience in Purchasing & Inventory Management
- At least 5 years working experience in Supply Chain Management, Strategic Analysis and Decison Making, Customs procedures and other relevant Government requirements.
- Knowledge of MS office applications, Lotus Notes and Quality Systems
- Ability to lead a team of planners, purchasers, shipping and warehouse personnel to achieve Company's objectivs.
- Good interpersonal and analytical skills
- Strong character with good intergrity and excellent negotiating skills