Patient Care Technician/Medical Assistant, 3 Days a Week, Paid Training, No Weekends
28160 W Northwest Hwy,Lake Barrington,Illinois,60010,United States of America
Post Acute Services Patient Care Technician
DaVita Kidney Care, Post-Acute Service is bringing our industry-leading clinical quality to patients on-site at skilled nursing facilities (SNF) through a new team called Post-Acute Services. Approximately 10% of all dialysis patients reside in a SNF and are transported to dialysis three times a week placing a significant burden on patients and adding significant avoidable costs to the health care system. Post-Acute Services teammates will have access to all the capabilities and resources DaVita has to offer, and will work to quickly leverage these to develop the infrastructure and rapidly grow the new service line. Ideal teammates will have significant experience within DaVita, get energized by a start-up type environment and improving the lives of patients, and have a track record of finding ways to GSD. Teammates must be comfortable working autonomously and have demonstrated the ability to collaborate with cross-functional resources across the Village.
What you can expect:
In this role, you take responsibility for the complete ongoing care of each patient to ensure their dialysis treatment stays on track.PCTs will work in conjunction with dialysis RNs to provide dialysis care. You will work a Monday to Friday schedule-with no required on call, yet your impact on the lives of our patients and their families will be felt every day.
Patient Care: Spending the majority of your day in direct one-on-one patient care to provide safe, comfortable and hygienic dialysis treatment.
Complexity: Post-Acute Dialysis care is a complex but fulfilling service line. Meeting and/or exceeding clinical outcomes are the goals and multitasking is an expectation to meet the needs of the service, the patients and our SNF partners.
Autonomy and Critical Thinking: Provide comprehensive patient care in an independent setting. Plan to be on your toes at all times. You use your mind constantly. You apply your “core“ skills to monitor patients before, during and after dialysis treatment including measuring and recording stats, patient observations, and hemodialysis machine setup. There's a lot to track and manage and the joy comes in witnessing how your care impacts patients' lives.
Some details about this position:
- Your training will include a combination of classroom and hands-on learning, through DaVitas award-winning training programs
- Training may take place in a facility or a training clinic with a class of new teammates other than your assigned home clinic
- Hours of work may vary during the training period; however, you will typically be working between 32-40 hours per week during training
You must have:
- Valid Certified Clinical Hemodialysis Technician (CCHT) certification
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Basic computer skills and proficiency in MS Word and Outlook
You might also have (a.k.a. nice-to-haves):
- Prior Home Hemo Dialysis experience
- Training/Teaching/Healthcare Education background
What Well Provide:
More than just pay, our DaVita Rewards package connects teammates to what matters most including:
- Comprehensive benefits: Medical, dental, vision, 401(k) match, paid time off, PTO cash out
- Support for you and your family: family resources, EAP counseling sessions, access Headspace, backup child and elder care, maternity/paternity leave and more
- Paid training: DaVita offers all new dialysis teammates a robust, paid training program to help you learn the right dialysis skills. The training is a mix of classroom and hands on training.
- Reimbursement for your Certified Hemodialysis Technician (CHT) license
- Preceptor University: Learn how to become teach future DaVita teammates clinical procedures and policies
- Opportunity to grow personally and professionally. DaVita is committed to providing robust development opportunities including:
- DSSL & SPARK Gives clinical teammates the chance to develop into supervisory and leadership skills
- Bridge to Your Dreams: Offers high-performing patient care technicians (PCTs) a path to becoming a registered nurse through fully funded tuition and career coaching.
- 100+ CEU courses at no cost
- Gateway: A web-based application available to teammates for career planning, learning and training, and recognition. It allows you to access new courses and CE credits and explore career paths on your own time. It also has a newsfeed to keep you up to date on Village news and functions as a social platform to connect you to teammates
At DaVita, we strive to be a community first and a company second. We want all teammates to experience DaVita as “a place where I belong.“ Our goal is to embed Diversity & Belonging into everything we do in our Village, so that it becomes part of who we are. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. As such, individuals are recruited, hired, assigned and promoted without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic.
Salary/ Wage Range
Compensation for the role will depend on a number of factors, including a candidates qualifications, skills, competencies and experience and may fall outside of the range shown. DaVita offers a competitive total rewards package, which includes a 401k match, healthcare coverage and a broad range of other benefits. Learn more at