HR Recruiter - Part-Time - Kahului/Kapalua
Southern Airways is growing and we'd love to have you as part of our team! From Nantucket in the east to Honolulu in the west, Southern Airways, and its Hawaiian Brand Mokulele Airlines, comprise one of the largest commuter airlines in America. Based in Palm Beach, Florida, we serve nearly 40 American cities across five U.S. time zones. And we're continuing to grow - so we're looking for the right person to help us recruit more outstanding customer service agents at our stations in Hawai‘i.
This Recruiter position is part-time, approximately 20 hours per week. The incumbent must live within 30 miles of Kapalua. As the station recruiter, the primary focus will be recruiting airport station staff in Hawai‘i. The Recruiter will be responsible for thinking of new ways to boost recruitment with different staffing efforts (ie. advertising, flyers, job fairs, etc.). A hybrid schedule can be discussed.
JOB TITLE: HR Recruiter
DEPARTMENT: Human Resources
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
- Perform various HR functions related to recruiting: screening applications, interviewing, and facilitating the hiring process.
- With other staff, manage the successful hiring of our station staff, including creating offer letters, processing pre-employment tests, and onboarding.
- With other staff, assist with the company’s Drug & Alcohol program, primarily pre-employment testing and documentation.
Additional Recruiting Responsibilities
- Proactively source and identify active and passive candidates leveraging a wide variety of tools and techniques.
- Screen and interview candidates via phone or video. Assess technical/functional knowledge and skills.
- Initiate and ensure smooth transition to new hire processing through first day of hire.
- Ensure all activities related to the pre-employment process have been completed successfully and in a timely manner prior to first day.
- Provide feedback to candidates to ensure a positive experience regardless of hiring decision.
- Must be able to travel within the Maui county for various recruiting and presentation functions.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- At least two (2) years in HR and/or recruiting; full life cycle recruiting experience; aviation industry a plus.
- Extensive knowledge of social networking platforms, online communications, and other sourcing channels.
- Proven ability to build a talent pipeline and bench.
- Knowledge of, or the ability to become proficient in, the Federal DOT Drug & Alcohol program and the PRIA process.
- Experience in ADP WorkforceNow.
- Ability to handle and maintain confidentiality in all areas.
- Strong interpersonal skills – ability to communicate succinctly and effectively across all levels of the organization.
- Detail-oriented and self-motivated; able to work and meet deadlines under minimal supervision.
- Bachelor’s or Associate Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field.
- Professional certification in Human Resources a plus.
- Prefer at least two (2) years in a Human Resources generalist position and/or full-cycle recruiting.
- Prior experience in the airline industry a plus.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Computer, phone skills
- Ability to read, write and speak English effectively.
- Ability to work within a 24/7 operation including holidays.
- Ability to pass 10-year background check and pre-employment drug screen as required by airline regulations and company policies.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Authorized to work in the U.S. per the Immigration Act of 1986.
- Must have sufficient vision and ability to safely perform the essential functions of the position in a normal office environment.
- Must be able to communicate through verbal, written, and electronic means.
- Must be able to access filing cabinets, drawers, and shelves of varying height.
- Must be able to move up to 25 pounds on an infrequent basis.
Southern Airways Corporation/Mokulele Airlines is an EEO/AAP employer and as such all qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, race or disability.