- It's all about our clients. That's where you come in, to guide them on their beauty journey. It takes energy, confidence, and teamwork. It takes authentic passion; it's not just about the product, but about making a client's day through teaching, inspiring, and playing, together. It takes skill, which Sephora goes above and beyond to instill in our associates through unparalleled training. You bring the passion; we'll teach you everything you need to know.
As a Licensed Color Consultant, you are an expert in all things makeup! Reporting to the Stage Experience and Services Manager, you will greet and provide friendly, knowledgeable service to every client who enters the store. Also, you will:
- Provide expert paid makeup services, touch-ups, and skincare consultations.
- Celebrate beauty with our clients and share product knowledge as appropriate
- Continue product training plans, so you remain an expert in makeup trends, application, and special events within the store
- Participate in operations activities such as inventory control, loss prevention programs to reduce shortage, compliance with sampling policies and procedures, and maintaining store cleanliness standards and welcoming store environment
- Manage time effectively in consultations and services to follow through on scheduled appointment times and effective servicing of clients walking in without a paid services booking
- Ask curious questions and listen to clients to determine their needs and suggest products that meet those needs base on your expertise
- Assist in other areas of the store if requested/necessary, such as the cash wrap
- Demonstrate our Sephora values of Passion for Client Service, Innovation, Expertise, Work-Life Balance, Respect for All, Teamwork, & Initiative
We think you'd be a great for this role if you have:
- 1-3 years' retail or service industry experience
- Sephora Certified Color Expert
- Cosmetology or Esthetician license issued by the state
- Flexible availability to work during peak retail hours such as nights, weekends, and holidays
- Existing or prior experience working at Sephora or another company with strong customer service initiatives
- Excellent client service and communication skills
You'll love working here because:
- The people. You will work with some of the most talented, supportive, smart, and kind leaders and teams; people you can be proud to work with
- The product. Employees enjoy a product discount and receive free product from training and brand visits, often multiple times a month.
- Education. Sephora heavily invests in training for our store associates, not just product knowledge but building a personalized career plan with you so you can achieve your professional goals
- The perks. Sephora offers medical benefits, competitive 401k, gift matching, and a 'perks' program that includes various discounts at participating companies.
- The LVMH family. Sephora's parent company, LVMH, is one of the largest luxury groups in the world, providing support to over 70 prestige brands such as Louis Vuitton, Celine, Moet Chandon, Marc Jacobs, Dior, and so many more
Our legal team wants you to know what's required:
- Proof of all required Cosmetology or Esthetician licensing by the State
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds and bend/stretch to stock shelves
- Handle and apply cosmetics products to clients, including fragrance
- Adherence to Sephora's dress code and other policies in the Sephora Employee Handbook