The Registration /Pre-Registration Representative is responsible for completing all registrations of
patients presenting for procedures, admissions or the ER. The Representative must collect and verify
demographic and insurance information so that the patient can be accurately identified and billed for
their services. Excellent customer service must be maintained with all patients and co-workers.
This position requires the full understanding and active participation in fulfilling the mission of
Saddleback Memorial Medical Center. It is expected that the employee demonstrate behavior consistent
with our core values; Accountability, Best Practices, Compassion and Synergy. The Employee shall
support Saddleback Memorial Medical Center's strategic plan and participate in and advocate
performance improvement/patient safety activities.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities of the Job
- Adheres to department policy of using two identifiers.
- Avoid HIPAA violations by accurately entering information into the system.
- Interviews, registers and pre-registers patients timely and accurately.
- Maintains an appropriate level of expertise in Epic, OnBase, RTE and websites.
- Ensures all registration forms are signed and collected and appropriate notes are entered.
- Delivers excellent customer service using AIDET principles.
- Collects payments and posts patient financial responsibility.
- Participates in and supports department specific performance improvement activities.
- Maintains accuracy at an acceptable level.
- Monitors /manages work queues.
- Strong Customer Service Skills
- 1-2 years Medical Office/Admitting/Registration or equivalent healthcare experience preferred
- Computer skills required
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred (as applicable)
- High School Graduate required
- Medical Terminology preferred