Surf & Sand Resort, Laguna Beach is proudly a part of JC Resorts, a proven leader in the management and operation of golf and resort properties since 1971. We are located directly on the beach in the heart of Laguna and have been part of the local history since 1948. We are looking for passionate individuals, empowered to create wow moments and lasting memories for every guest, every time. As a family owned business, we treat people like lifelong friends and believe in the personal touch.
In addition to working in the most beautiful oceanfront location in Laguna, we offer competitive and progressive benefits including complimentary meals.
Join our team of friendly, engaging, professionals who love the Hospitality Industry and want to share it with our guests.
To complete an APPLICATION please visit our corporate website: WWW.JCRESORTS.COM or contact the Human Resources office direct line 949-376-2764 anytime Monday - Friday, 8:30 am 5:00 pm for more information.
The BANQUET HOUSE-PERSON is responsible to ensure proper set-up and break down of all Banquet functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES, include but not limited to:
- To understand and respond to all guest needs and requests in a timely and professional manner, deferring to the Banquet Manager when necessary, to ensure customer satisfaction.
- To make the Banquet Manager aware of all guest comments and complaints.
- To extend a courteous, friendly, and professional greeting to guests as they arrive, and to thank them as they depart.
- To set-up all meeting rooms according to Banquet Events Orders and standards, including all audio visual equipment, food, and beverages.
- To check all banquet rooms daily and to immediately report any problems to the Engineering Department.
- To follow all specified procedures to break down and clean meeting rooms, including trash removal.
- To assist Banquet wait staff, as directed, to bus tables, and set-up and replenish buffets.
- To set-up and service all coffee break areas.
- To maintain the proper care and cleanliness of tableware and serving equipment, handling both to minimize breakage.
JOB KNOWLEDGE & EDUCATIONAL LEVEL: Able to understand English and to follow simple verbal directions. fluency required. Three months prior experience preferred. May be required to have a valid California driver's license, and to show proof of personal automobile insurance coverage. Hotel experience preferred.
SKILL AND APTITUDES: Detail oriented. Organized and efficient. Learns quickly. Safety-minded. High quality standards for production and service. Courteous, friendly, and professional manner. Good team player. Customer service focus. Able to work productively with little supervision. Able to identify and solve a problem quickly and effectively. Trustworthy and reliable.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Stands/walks moderate distances throughout shift. Constantly required to handle and move objects weighing up to 50 lbs. over short to moderate distances. Must be able to work under pressure. Uses stairs frequently throughout shift.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or a similar law and you wish to discuss potential accommodation related to applying for employment at our company, please contact us at 855-318-8947 and/or email us at email@example.com
JC Resorts is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and maintaining an inclusive culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, medical condition, and any other status protected by state or federal law.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Surf & Sand Resort is recognized as one of Condé Nast Traveler Readers' Choice Awards, Top Resorts in Southern California, one of Travel
- Leisure's World's Best, is a member of Preferred Hotels and Resorts and has held the AAA Four Diamond rating for over 20 years.
Surf & Sand Resort | 1555 South Coast Highway | Laguna Beach, CA 92651
www.surfandsandresort.com HR direct line: (949) 376-2764