Req ID 1657
ZF is a global technology company and supplies systems for passenger cars, commercial vehicles and industrial technology, enabling the next generation of mobility. With its comprehensive technology portfolio, the company offers integrated solutions for established vehicle manufacturers, mobility providers and start-up companies in the fields of transportation and mobility. ZF continually enhances its systems in the areas of digital connectivity and automation in order to allow vehicles to see, think and act.
In 2018, ZF achieved sales of €36.9 billion. The company has a global workforce of 149,000 with approximately 230 locations in 40 countries. ZF invests over six percent of its sales in research and development annually.
The Production Supervisor will provide day-to-day supervision, training and communication to Production Operators and Technicians in the business team at the ZF Commercial Steering Plant in Lafayette, Indiana. The Plant manufactures steering columns, steering pumps, steering arms, remanufactured steering gears and other steering components for all commercial vehicle manufacturers. In addition, the Production Supervisor will provide production to schedule for assigned area plus coordinate necessary resources. This position is offered on 2nd shift (3:00 PM-11:00 PM) and shift flexibility is required for this role. The ability to work weekends is also required.
- Coordinate production requirements and staffing
- Serve as first line of communication on all issues
- Utilize performance management to improve employee performance
- Coordinate with other functional areas (Materials, Quality, Engineering, Technicians, etc.) to resolve issues
- Implement business initiatives
- Ensure completion of on-the-job training for new Production Operators and Technicians
- Maintain employees' performance systems paperwork/documentation
- Understand and manage fundamental business – production, quality, scrap, downtime, etc.
- Initiate and lead problem solving efforts (CAR, accident investigations, issues on line, etc.)
- Lead department or cross-functional projects
- Facilitate training as needed
- Focus on launch activities
- Maintain safety and environmental compliance
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum of 2 years of related experience
- Computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to work weekends
- Shift flexibility
- Proven interpersonal skills to work with people at all levels
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills, including ability to identify and resolve issues and challenges
- Capability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Strong dedication and commitment to quality customer service and satisfaction while following through on assigned projects
- Associate Degree
- Working knowledge of product line(s) and engineering design principles
Be part of our ZF team and apply now!
ZF Global Recruitment Center
To harness the power of innovation, we invest in the development of diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to our company.Our company is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with us and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please contact us. Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.ZF is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran