ABOUT USUrban Remedy is a plant-based organic food company that embodies the belief that Food is Healing. We were founded by Neka Pasquale, a licensed Acupuncturist who saw first-hand the healing power of food with her patients. Utilizing the ancient principles of Chinese & Ayurvedic medicine combined with the latest innovations in functional medicine Urban Remedy was born. Grounded in the power of clean eating we are certified organic and non-GMO with the goal of creating the cleanest and most delicious offerings to empower people to be their best selves. Our recipes utilize ingredients that are naturally anti-inflammatory and low glycemic without preservatives, fillers, refined flours, sugars, oils, gluten or dairy. You can feel proud of our offerings knowing we pride ourselves in transparency, authenticity, and providing a valuable service to the community.
The Crew Member influences others by inspiring and demonstrating a strong work ethic, has an intuitive sense of how to improve the customer experience and a passion for delivering results. Authentically connects with customers to inspire a participation in the local organic food movement. Assist in cultivating a culture that is aligned with Urban Remedy’s core values and promotes our mission and belief that Food is Healing.MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIESPEOPLE
- Ability to work effectively with little supervision.
- Works well with others.
- Maintains dress code and personal hygiene in accordance with Company Policy.
- Creates and maintains a people first environment.
- Complies with Company policies, procedures and directives.
- Takes appropriate Meal Periods and Rest Breaks to comply with all labor laws.
- Accountable for accurate time and attendance record keeping.
- Attends mandatory Retail meetings.
- Has a working undertanding of each Urban Remedy Department and it's functions.
- Creates and maintains an environment where customers are treated fairly and with dignity and respect in the spirit of Urban Remedy’s core values.
- Greets each customer, offer assistance, samples and suggestive selling.
- Educates and motivates customers about promotions, product knowledge and new products.
- Maintains store merchandising and cleanliness per Company standards.
- Exudes a positive, professional and energetic demeanor while delivering exempliary customer service at all times.
- Ensures the store sparkles, plants are well cared for and healthy, and the store is visually appealing to customers.
- Assist in new customer acquisition through marketing and community outreach.
- Ensures proper cash handling.
- Assist with month-end inventory.
- Log cold case and freezer temperatures to ensure proper food safety.
- Complies with Food Handlers certification requirements.
- Troubleshoots POS system as needed.
- Immediately reports general store maintenance, telephone and security issues to Store Manager.
- Ensures store meets company guidelines for opening and closing procedures.
- Assist in meeting daily sales goals.
- Follows through with customer comments and requests to Store Manager.
- Ensures a safe and healthy work environment for Store Crew and customers.
- Works with Store Manager and peers to develop best practices in your store.
- Immediately reports product quality and inventory discrenpencies to Store Manager.
- Completes all daily tasks as posted in the Daily Operations binder.
- Performs other job duties as requested.
- 1- 2 years of retail expereince; POS experience preferred.
- Strong communication skills; proficient in English in both spoken and written.
- Motivated self-starter.
- Truly believes Food is Healing and has a genuine passion towards the natural/organic food movement.
- Ability to model the Urban Remedy culture in every interaction and relationship with customers.
- An innovative mind that thrives in an environment of change and creativity.
- Food handling and safety knowledge.
- Professional, energetic and positive demeanor.
- A strong customer focus and service orientation.
- Authentic and approachable personality that can connect with a diverse range or people.
- A motivated self-starter who can work well both independently and as part of a team.
- A high sense integrity, professional courage, and sound judgment.
- Strong business acumen and experience managing a store P&L.
- Ability to achieve results working independently.
- Strong prioritizing and time management skills.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced work environment and have fun!
- High school diploma.
- Food handling and safety cerfication.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- This position is located in a retail store environment.
- Positon requires long periods of standing, and stocking product.
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs 10-12 times per shift.
- This position requires a flexible work schedule including early morning, evenings, weekends and holidays.