We are currently looking for a highly motivated¿Cloud/AWS Engineer¿to join the Cloud Engineering Team. The team is part of the Developer Enablement Technical Platform in IT Products & Engineering, focusing on delivering solutions to our Product Development teams to enable them to spend more time building business logic and less time worrying about how to operationalize their code. The Cloud Engineering team focuses on building self-service, automated tools for managing cloud-based infrastructure.
Engineers in the Cloud Engineering team partner with developers across IT to automate existing processes and champion the culture of Agile and DevOps. We operate across a wide gamut of disciplines including cloud infrastructure, security, automation, identity management, developer productivity, IoT, analytics, and more. We approach all of these problems with an eye towards automation and monitoring for compliance, rather than traditional separation of duties. We also provide support and consulting to teams where needed but look to solve common problems through automation and self-service tools we will develop.
The kind of person we’re looking for will:
- Possess broad, up-to-date technical skills across the core domains of software and IT infrastructure
- Have proficiency with all aspects of the software development process (Agile planning, testing, development, performance optimization, refactoring, debugging, production support), and all components of software delivery (infrastructure, networking, operating systems, middleware, application runtimes, service integration, data and databases, production monitoring)
- Leverage expertise in programming languages, algorithms and data structures, distributed computing and multi-threading, distributed databases, fault-tolerance, relational and non-relational data modeling and other advanced topics that power modern applications
- Be a self-directed learner who keeps your skills up to date with the latest technologies Solve problems, even with complex and high-uncertainty challenges
- Effectively communicate in a cross functional team and persuasively promote innovative new approaches that bring value to your customers
Must have one of the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (or related field) and at least 5 years of software development experience, O
- Minimum of a High School Diploma/GED and at least 9 years of software development experience
Demonstrated experience with the following:
- AWS Cloud Operations - running real workloads in the cloud and diagnosing and fixing problems
- Programming using at least two of: Node.js, ES6, Scala, Python, and Java
- A variety of relational and non-relational data stores
- Working in a continuous delivery environment
- Creating RESTful microservices
- Containerization technologies such as Cloud Foundry, Docker, or Kubernetes
Familiarity with standard logging, monitoring, and alerting tools, such as Splunk
A passion for building highly automated systems
A good understanding of security best practices.