Shape the future today.
The world is
changing. The question is, what will be our contribution to the outcome? We
have set the pace in the field of mobility from the very beginning, and we will
continue to do so. At Mercedes-Benz Vans, interdisciplinary teams are
developing the mobility of tomorrow. Our goal is to make mobility safer,
simpler, and more sustainable for people across the globe. Put your pioneering
spirit to good use: This is your opportunity to make a contribution that
extends far beyond your job title.
Vans, we offer you the perfect environment for your professional and personal
growth. Cutting-edge training and promising career opportunities will help you
to foster and expand your professional skill set as well as your individual
strengths. Think, try, and thrive with us in collaborative work environments
that spark game-changing concepts.
for technical upfitter support with the major focus on:
- Technical review of upfitters based on the processes of the MasterUpfitterprogram in North America
- Technical project management for upfit solutions in collaboration withMBUSA and Mercedes-Benz HQ (UIS)
- Technical support for MasterUpfitters with a general understanding ofmechanical/electrical topics amongst other related topics (on- and offsite)
- Liaising and collaborating with MasterUpfitter technical inquiries,based on the Body- and Equipment Guideline (BEG)
- Technical review of upfittersbased on the processes of the MasterUpfitter program in North America
- Participate in execution ofMasterUpfitter visits and the application process as the technical expertpartnering with MBUSA as defined in the MasterUpfitter program processdescriptions.
- Technical project management forupfit solutions in the North American Market:
- Responsible for technicalsupport, with a general understanding of mechanical/electrical topics..
- Manage and support Upfit ImpactStudies (UIS) based on the MasterUpfitter Program Processes in close alignmentwith MBUSA and R&D HQ.
- Coordinate testing andvalidation requirements internally in order to manage upfit impact studies(UIS).
- Provide engineering andtechnical expertise to upfitters in close collaboration with MBUSA (upfittermanagement, product management, aftersales, MPRO) regarding technical inquiriesor van specifications for customer specific applications.
- Utilize product depth vehicleknowledge to provide support on current and future products incl. differentoptions.
- Establish engineering reviews ofmodified vehicles. Assess testing data for and from upfitters and coordinatevalidation requirements.
- Organize and facilitate supporttechnical training and education.
- Support product and upfittermanagement specifying appropriate vehicle application packages for upfitters(SA).
- Coordinate and compileinformation and product updates and coordinate revisions to Body &Equipment Guidelines (BEG) interfacing with Legal, Regulatory Compliance,VAN/VMA and VAN R&D departments at the HQ.
- Ensure availability of latestrevision of BEG ('ABH-Richtlinien') for all upfitters in the USA & Canadamarkets.
- Technical support forMasterUpfitters (on- and offsite)
- Technical support forMasterUpfitters onsite in the US and Canada
- Technical remote support forMasterUpfitters in the US and Canada
- Handling technical inquiriesfrom MasterUpfitters i.e. on the MasterUpfitter Web-portal.
- Representing R&D Vans to theMasterUpfitter and fleet customers
- Coordinate technical detailsinternally with MBUSA and R&D HQ in order to answer technical inquiries orsupport requests
- Working on basis ofMasterUpfitter Program Processes and the BEG
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related field
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience.
- Knowledge of Daimler internal processes and Systems (Dialog, Smaragd,Engineering Client, Siemens NX)
- In depth automotive knowledge and work experience, including mechanicaland electrical integration of aftermarket solutions.
- Project Management experience with cross functional and multinationalteams
- Consolidating complex technical project information and reporting tosteering committees
- Experience in the field of telematics and digital networks (development,production or service)
- Preferred practice in handling common E/E calibration, measurement anddiagnostic tools (ETAS - INCA, Monaco, Xentry, etc.)
- Experience in the field of connectivity preferred
- Analytical thinking and structured work approach for trouble shooting
- Customer oriented and open minded thinking, outstanding cultivatedmanners
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications including Microsoft Excel,PowerPoint and Word for customer presentations
- Preferred fluency of German language
We are all in for change. Are you too?
have experience in the above and are interested in joining an outstanding
company we welcome you to apply. The division Mercedes-Benz Vans is world
renown for quality and innovative products.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS PLAN WITH 401k MATCHING
Mercedes-Benz Vans, LLC (“MBV”) is a plant in Ladson, South Carolina that produces Sprinter
vans for the U.S. and Canadian market under the brands Mercedes-Benz and
Freightliner. The midsize Mercedes-Benz Metris vans are also reassembled at
Mercedes-Benz Vans, LLC invested 500
million U.S. dollars in the construction of a new Sprinter production plant in
addition to an expansion of the previous assembly operations. In September
2018, MBV officially opened its new plant, located next to existing operations
in the North Charleston area. The MBV facility will provide up to 1,300 jobs by
the end of the decade and is expected to create at least 600 additional jobs in
the region through its suppliers.
More than 130,000 Sprinters have been
assembled in North Charleston and delivered to destinations in the U.S. since
2006. The U.S. is now the second largest market for Sprinter vans, after
Vans, LLC is committed to fostering an inclusive environment that appreciates
and leverages the diversity of our team. We provide equal employment
opportunity (EEO) to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to
race, color, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual
orientation),age, national origin, religion, marital status, veteran status,
physical or other disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic
protected by federal, state or local law.