Shape the future today.
The world is changing. The question is, what will be our contribution to the outcome? We have set the pace in the field of mobility from the very beginning, and we will continue to do so. At Mercedes Benz Vans, interdisciplinary teams are developing the mobility of tomorrow. Our goal is to make mobility safer, simpler, and more sustainable for people across the globe. Put your pioneering spirit to good use: This is your opportunity to make a contribution that extends far beyond your job title.
At Mercedes Benz Vans, we offer you the perfect environment for your professional and personal growth. Cutting-edge training and promising career opportunities will help you to foster and expand your professional skill set as well as your individual strengths. Think, try, and thrive with us in collaborative work environments that spark game-changing concepts.
- Perform Paintless Dent repairs by using PDR techniques and various tools on small to midsize dent damages on exterior of vehicles to company standards
- Ongoing research development of proprietary tools PDR process
- Perform cosmetic dent repairs on small to midsize dent damage on the exterior of vehicles within company standards
- File, grind, sand and smooth filled or repaired surfaces, using power tools and hand tools
- Pound out small dents with a hammer, pick hammer, or punch
- Metal Finishing : Straighten bent/Weld metal parts
- Fit and weld replacement parts into place, using wrenches and welding equipment, and grind down welds to smooth them, using power grinders and other tools
- Position dolly blocks against surfaces of dented areas and beat opposite surfaces to remove dents, using hammers, metal dolly’s, air dent pullers, slide hammer dent pullers, picks, etc.
- Knowledge of metal finishing techniques: Examines and feels surface of metal to detect defects, such as dents, scratches, or breaks in metal
- Perform complex welding and body re-working
- Perform complex sheet metal fitting
- Conduct complex sheet metal working tasks on body parts and areas
- Detect surface imperfections, align, adjust, level, and gap sheet metal panels
- Perform complete body re-working
- Carry out training measures
- Participate in Continuous Improvement Plan
- Assist in the organization of teamwork
- References engineering drawings and sketches to prepare, sequence, and produce sheet metal parts and assemblies
- Conduct sheet metal working tasks on body parts and areas and sheet metal fitting
- Execute tests and inspections to detect surface imperfections, align, adjust, level, and gap sheet metal panels
- Perform quality and visual inspection
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Required: 4 years relevant experience; OR Relevant certificate 3 years relevant experience; OR associates degree in Welding Technology or similar 1 year relevant experience
- Preferred: 5 years relevant experience; OR Relevant certificate 4 years relevant experience; OR assoc. degree in Welding Technology or similar 2 years relevant experience
- Experience with Paintless dent repair
- Experience with sheet metal and automotive body repair and rework
- Experience in a manufacturing setting is a plus
- Spot welding experience is a plus
- I-CAR training is a plus
- Must be able to perform the essential job functions
- Willing to work overtime and weekends as required
We are all in for change. Are you too? Apply now.
If you have experience in the above and are interested in joining an outstanding company we welcome you to apply. The division Mercedes-Benz Vans is world renown for quality and innovative products.
EXCELLENT COMPENSATION & BENEFITS PLAN WITH 401k MATCHING
Mercedes-Benz Vans, LLC (“MBV”) is a plant in Ladson, South Carolina that assembles Sprinter vans for the U.S. and Canadian market under the brands Mercedes-Benz and Freightliner. The midsize Mercedes-Benz Metris vans are also reassembled at this location.
Mercedes-Benz Vans, LLC has invested more than 500 million U.S. dollars in the new Sprinter plant, which officially opened in 2018. Today the MBV facility provides more than 1,600 jobs and supports at least 600 additional jobs in the region through its suppliers. More than 200,000 Sprinter and Metris vans have been assembled in North Charleston and delivered to destinations across the U.S. since 2006. Therefore, MBV celebrates a 15-year legacy of SKD production in 2021. The U.S. is the second largest market for Sprinter vans, after Germany.
Mercedes-Benz Vans, LLC is committed to fostering an inclusive environment that appreciates and leverages the diversity of our team. We provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation),age, national origin, religion, marital status, veteran status, physical or other disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.