Shape the future today.
The world is changing. The
question is, what will be our contribution to the outcome? We have set the pace
in the field of mobility from the very beginning, and we will continue to do
so. At Mercedes-Benz Vans, interdisciplinary teams are developing the mobility
of tomorrow. Our goal is to make mobility safer, simpler, and more sustainable
for people across the globe. Put your pioneering spirit to good use: This is
your opportunity to make a contribution that extends far beyond your job title.
At Mercedes-Benz Vans, we
offer you the perfect environment for your professional and personal growth.
Cutting-edge training and promising career opportunities will help you to foster
and expand your professional skill set as well as your individual strengths.
Think, try, and thrive with us in collaborative work environments that spark
The position provides production support for vehicle
production. Processes inbound and outbound material at assigned production
line. Loads, unloads, and moves materials from trucks, railway cars. Complete deliveries and
pickups of materials to and from customers. Supports minimizing cost caused by lost inventory by maintaining proper
records of stock, material issuing and pickups.
- Maintain inventory accuracy of part numbers and counts including:
- Perform cycle counts on consumables
- Supports fact finding on occurring issues
- Make inventory adjustments as approved
- Maintain appearance and organization of centralized storage location
- Receive parts coming in booth physically by putting in correct binlocations and within the system
- Physically stock all receivedconsumables in central storage location
- Pickup repair parts from shop duringdaily routes and help facilitate the repair process
- Complete spare parts pickup anddelivers as needed within shops
- Interacts daily with customers,requiring a professional manner, customer service skills, common courtesy,and tact.
- Participate in best practicediscussions and lessons learned to better manage inventories
- Attachesidentifying tags to containers.
- Followsclearly defined procedures and oral instructions.
- Installsstrapping, bracing, or padding to prevent shifting or damage in transit, usinghand tools.
- Liftsheavy objects by hand or using machines and equipment.
- Loads,unloads, and transports materials and/or parts to designated areas of theassembly line.
- Movesmaterial within warehouse or storage facility to and from the loading platformby carrying, pushing, rolling or operating hand trucks, forklifts, hoists,motorized conveyors, or other material handling equipment.
- Openscontainers using steel cutters, crowbar, claw hammer, or other hand tools.
- Participatesin regularly scheduled team meetings.
- Willperform other duties as assigned.
- High SchoolDiploma or G.E.D. equivalent. 1 years manufacturing experience utilizingmanufacturing equipment.
- Ability to work at an accelerated pace while meeting production needsand quality levels.
- Knowledge of inventory practices including cycle counting, storage,picking, etc.
- Ability to understand iMRM system (MBV customized) and SAP iPro system(MBV customized)
- Understanding of MVB specialized part numbers and identifying issueswith material part numbers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicatewith internal customers
- Excellent computer proficiency (MS Office – Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Must be able to work under pressure and meetdeadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplarycustomer service
- Ability to work independently and to carry outassignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribedroutines, and standard accepted practices
- Ability to perform the essential job functions,
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to safely operate a forklift, reach truck, and otherstandard operating equipment required to complete daily tasks
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods depending on the work load foreach day
We are all in for
change. Are you too? Apply now.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS PLAN WITH 401k MATCHING
Mercedes Benz Vans can hand you the keys for an exciting
career in the automotive manufacturing industry. The division of
Mercedes-Benz Vans is world renown for quality and innovative products. If you
are interested in joining an outstanding company, we welcome you to apply.
Mercedes-Benz Vans, LLC
(“MBV”) is a plant in Ladson, South Carolina that produces Sprinter
vans for the U.S. and Canadian market under the brands Mercedes-Benz and
Freightliner. The midsize Mercedes-Benz Metris vans are also reassembled at
Mercedes-Benz Vans, LLC invested 500 million U.S. dollars in the
construction of a new Sprinter production plant in addition to an expansion of
the previous assembly operations. In September 2018, MBV officially opened its
new plant, located next to existing operations in the North Charleston area.
The MBV facility will provide up to 1,300 jobs by the end of the decade and is
expected to create at least 600 additional jobs in the region through its
More than 130,000 Sprinters have been assembled in North Charleston and
delivered to destinations in the U.S. since 2006. The U.S. is now the second
largest market for Sprinter vans, after Germany.
Mercedes-Benz Vans, LLC is committed to
fostering an inclusive environment that appreciates and leverages the diversity
of our team. We provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all qualified
applicants and employees without regard to race, color, ethnicity, sex
(including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation),age, national
origin, religion, marital status, veteran status, physical or other disability,
genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or