Requisition Number: PROJE01372
This role is responsible for completing design and engineering, onsite assistance in construction of long term and current capital projects, R & D special projects, and mill expense projects.
- Design and model machine assemblies and components
- Analyze performance of various machines to improve, refine, and adjust as needed
- Provide engineering assistance on all aspects of new construction and capital projects including; conceptual planning, concrete, structural steel design, mechanical and residuals, etc.
- Interface with consultants, equipment suppliers and vendors
- Strong understanding of statics, dynamics, mechanics of materials, and machine design
- Coordinate with consultants on needed engineering design
- Working knowledge of structural mechanics and the ability to perform stress analysis on machinery and components
- Serve as a liaison between operations teams, project management team, and Central Fab team.
- Strong 3D modeling skills with 3D SolidWorks and AUTOCAD
- Assist in start-up and debugging of new equipment
- Analyze, as needed, production bottlenecks and repetitive maintenance problems to increase productivity, help reduce downtime and costs, and arrive at a better solution
- Gather field information (equipment cycle times, models, capacities, site surveys, dimensions)
- Review equipment designs, draft/check/approve drawings, perform calculations for design
- Research and keep current on latest available technology and materials for possible uses in the mills
- Arrange and participate in benchmark tours of other mills to review and report on equipment installations
- Review and write technical reports, specifications and proposals
- Develop mill layouts and concept drawings
- Assist with the preparation of project scopes, budgets, and schedules
- Asist in selecting vendors and equipment; which includes preparation of specifications for machinery and equipment, requests for quotes, analyze orders, and making purchase recommendations
- Monitor, update and implement specifications to reflect current building, fire, insurance underwriter and governmental codes
- Support safety procedures and practices at each plant and ensure that contractor safety standards are complied with
- Assist mill Environmental Coordinators with annual spreadsheet updates and emission calculations
- Plan and participate in new equipment permitting
- File, organize, maintain current project files and past records for assistance with future upgrades, equipment trouble shooting, and warranty issues
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering
- Minimum of 2 years of engineering experience including project management experience in an industrial setting required, with a familiarity of the wood and forest products industry preferred
- Intermediate proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Power Point, MS Project preferred, 3D Solid Works and AutoCAD
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with others in a team environment
- Must be able to relate well with personnel at all levels at the plant locations as well as outside contractors
- Self-motivated and ability to prioritize work on multiple projects, with minimal input
- Must possess strong problem assessment/risk analysis skills
As a condition of employment, Idaho Forest Group requires employees to complete a variety of pre-employment screening processes which may include, but are not limited to: criminal background check, drug and substance test, reference check, prior work verification, driving history (MVR), education verification, aptitude/skills testing, and credit checks. The depth of screening will vary based on the position.
Move safely, quickly, and perform duties with repetitious movement. Sit and/or stand for shift, reach with hands and arms, stoop, squat, twist, push and pull, maintain balance, bend at the waist, kneel, walk varying distances, and climb stairs. Must be able to tolerate all weather elements, loud conditions, vibrations and airborne particles (sawdust).
Idaho Forest Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, genetic information, family medical history, or any other status protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation in the application or hiring process, please contact Human Resources at 208-762-6630 and/or email@example.com.