SAIC is looking for team members to support the Joint Electronic Warfare Center (JEWC) to develop a Joint electromagnetic spectrum (EMS) Information, Analysis and Fusion (JEMSIAF) activity that will provide Joint Force Commander (JFC) elements and Service units the authoritative technical and operational information required to achieve EMS superiority and conduct EMS operations.
JEWC is a subordinate component of United States Strategic Command (USSTRATCOM) and the positions are located at Joint Base San Antonio-Lackland, in San Antonio, Texas. JEWC is tasked with providing engineering analytics, modeling, simulation, and assessments that support the planning and execution of Joint Force Commander (JFC) electronic warfare operations.
The long-term goal of this effort is to develop, archive, and disseminate the authoritative technical and operational information that enables JFCs to achieve EMS superiority and EMS control across all operational domains (air, ground, maritime, space, and cyber) and operational functions (e.g. intelligence, logistics, targeting, communications, and information operations).
To accomplish this, the JEWC must perform full spectrum engineering analytics, modeling, simulation, and assessments of EMS dependent systems to determine systems' interactions with each other and the physical environment. The JEWC will combine and integrate information with data obtained from other organizations' activities. Respective domains provide the JFC and Service units the information needed to achieve a holistic approach to EMS superiority and EMS control. To support data archiving and dissemination, the JEWC must establish an infrastructure to archive operationally relevant EMS-related products and develop a web presence for JFC elements and Service units to access products. The JEWC must continuously gather and determine needs for stored and observed EMS data, platform and performance EMS data, Joint Spectrum Data Repository (JSDR) services, modeling and simulation tools, graphic user interfaces, visualization, multi-level security, data handling, fusion tools, and organizational connectivity.
The candidate for this position works on unusually complex technical problems and provides solutions which are highly innovative and ingenious, applies advanced technical principles, theories, and concepts, contributes to development of new principles and concepts, participates with senior managers to establish strategic plans and objectives, and recommends/makes decisions on administrative or project work matters and ensures effective achievement of program, project, or organizational objectives.
The Spectrum Management Research Analyst - Senior Principal:
- Researches, designs and develops signal and image collection, processing and dissemination systems.
- Develops requirements analysis, system architecture, and integrates new signal and image processing technology systems.
- An active TS/SCI clearance
- Bachelor's degree at minimum in engineering or related STEM discipline.
- 12 years' experience in the field of spectrum management with focus on frequency assignments, deconfliction, host nation restrictions, and interference analysis.
- 6 years' experience with spectrum management tools to include Spectrum 21 (SXXI,) JSDR, SCS, and Host Nation Spectrum Worldwide Database Online (HNSWDO).
- Knowledge of spectrum processes and toolsets.
- Master's degree in engineering or related STEM discipline.
- 15 years' experience in the field of spectrum management with focus on frequency assignments, deconfliction, host nation restrictions, and interference analysis.
- 8 years' experience with spectrum management tools to include SXXI, JSDR, SCS, and HNSWDO.
- Formal training and certification in spectrum management related courses.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability