SAIC is looking for team members to support the Joint Electronic Warfare Center (JEWC) to develop a Joint electromagnetic spectrum (EMS) Information, Analysis and Fusion (JEMSIAF) activity that will provide Joint Force Commander (JFC) elements and Service units the authoritative technical and operational information required to achieve EMS superiority and conduct EMS operations.
JEWC is a subordinate component of United States Strategic Command (USSTRATCOM) and the positions are located at Joint Base San Antonio-Lackland, in San Antonio, Texas. JEWC is tasked with providing engineering analytics, modeling, simulation, and assessments that support the planning and execution of Joint Force Commander (JFC) electronic warfare operations.
The long-term goal of this effort is to develop, archive, and disseminate the authoritative technical and operational information that enables JFCs to achieve EMS superiority and EMS control across all operational domains (air, ground, maritime, space, and cyber) and operational functions (e.g. intelligence, logistics, targeting, communications, and information operations).
To accomplish this, the JEWC must perform full spectrum engineering analytics, modeling, simulation, and assessments of EMS dependent systems to determine systems' interactions with each other and the physical environment. The JEWC will combine and integrate information with data obtained from other organizations' activities. Respective domains provide the JFC and Service units the information needed to achieve a holistic approach to EMS superiority and EMS control. To support data archiving and dissemination, the JEWC must establish an infrastructure to archive operationally relevant EMS-related products and develop a web presence for JFC elements and Service units to access products. The JEWC must continuously gather and determine needs for stored and observed EMS data, platform and performance EMS data, Joint Spectrum Data Repository (JSDR) services, modeling and simulation tools, graphic user interfaces, visualization, multi-level security, data handling, fusion tools, and organizational connectivity.
The candidate for this position works on unusually complex technical problems and provides solutions which are highly innovative and ingenious, applies advanced technical principles, theories, and concepts, contributes to development of new principles and concepts, participates with senior managers to establish strategic plans and objectives, and recommends/makes decisions on administrative or project work matters and ensures effective achievement of program, project, or organizational objectives.
The Database Manager/Administrator:
- Performs high-level, day-to-day operational maintenance, support, and upgrades for complex database management systems workstations and servers on multiple operating systems.
- Implements and maintains smooth operation and physical design of databases.
- Coordinates, directs and performs complex database software installations and upgrades to operating systems and related database software packages.
- Schedules installations and upgrades and maintains them in accordance with established IT policies and procedures.
- Continually monitors and tunes multiple database systems and databases to achieve optimum performance levels.
- Ensures database data integrity by evaluating, implementing, and managing appropriate solutions of varying complexities.
- Ensures database recoverability by developing and implementing a schedule of database backups and archive operations.
- Plans and implements the modernization of database implementations.
- Develops, implements and promotes standard operating procedures and schedules.
- Conducts audits of databases to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, and configuration guidelines.
- Develops and implements new standards, policies and procedures. Incumbent in this job works closely with Systems Admins, database engineers, and software developers to help determine and develop the database software and databases that will be implemented.
- An active TS/SCI clearance
- Bachelor's degree in in IT, computer science, related field, or STEM program.
- 12 years' experience with network database design, test, and operations.
- Knowledge of SQL databases: MySQL, SQL Server, PostresDB, MariaDB, Amazon Aurora.
- Knowledge of NOSQL databases: MongoDB, Accumulo, Cassandra, Redis, Neo4J, Apache Elasticache, DynamoDB.
- Knowledge of machine learning toolsets: Machine Learning, Tensorflow, Keras, Caffe2, Apache MXNet.
- Two of the following certifications: MSCA - Windows 10, Windows Server 2016, SQL 2016 Database Administration, Office 365, Cloud Platform, Linus on Azure, and Machine Learning.
- 2 or more years of experience managing databases hosted in a cloud environment.