At Jacobs, weâre not just building structures,â¯weâre helping our clients innovate and grow by designing, engineering, and executing the construction of their state-of-the-art facilitiesâ¯that are changing our world.â¯
As a Senior Technical Inspector, you'll serve as a governmentâs technical representative to oversee Commissary construction projects at military installations located in multiple locations across the United States. You'll assist the client with the design of Commissary projects world wide. In a lead role, the Technical Inspector (TI) will monitor construction contract requirements as well as quality control activities to ensure complete compliance with the contract plans and specifications. You'll be responsible to help plan and coordinate all work with the military installation staff and personnel. Some of these projects will be renovation type projects and active commissary facilities, and the TI shall be responsible for assisting with the coordination of project phasing to minimize the impact to the daily operations of the commissary facility.
- Reinforces the client-contractor relationship; acts as project manager liaison.
- Leads project field office inspections, equipment, and schedules.
- Interprets specifications as related to materials and workmanship.
- Assists DeCA project managers in completion of construction/inspection work in accordance with design and specifications.
- Responsible for administering portions of the project contract to include preparing change orders, reviewing contractor invoices, schedules, developing cost estimates, routing submittals, assisting with RFIâs, daily reports, weekly reports, meetings, and overall project documentation.
- Coordination with the Commissary officer and staff .
- Other duties as assigned.
- Travel to Commissary project locations worldwide.
Here's what you'll need:
- US Citizenship.
- Ability to pass a general security clearance.
- Ten or more years in construction administration/inspection experience.
- High school education.
- OSHA 10 hour certifications required.
- Advanced interpersonal skills in order to work with clients, contractor, and/or project teams.
- Ability to gather and understand technical data for purposes of generating advanced technical reports.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Advanced knowledge of construction practices and principles.
- The ability to travel to Commissary project locations worldwide (up to 50% of the time).
- The ability to review and interpret design documents.
Ideally you'll have:
- Construction Management certifications.
- Intermediate mathematical skills in order to perform field calculations.
- Experience in Construction scheduling tools such as Primavera P6.
- Strong computer skills with the ability to manage and enter project data into a client data base.