$3,000 sign-on bonus offered for external hires!
Providence is calling a Certified Medical Assistant (1.0 FTE, Day Shift) to work at Hawks Prairie Family Medicine for Providence Medical Group Southwest Washington in Lacey, WA.
The MA work unders the delegation of a licensed practioner to perform duties as directed to assist in providing patient care to assigned patients.
In this position you will:
- Ability to perform all front and back office skills as appropriate to role and certification. (ex: vital signs, set up/assist with minor procedures, EKG, blood pressure, point of care testing, patient authorizations, scheduling, etc.)
- Performs increasingly advanced procedures with valiadted competencies.Provides accurate, complete, legible and timely documention of all procedures performed in the patient's medical record.
- Follows correct procedures for handling and disposing of biohazardous, infectious, and pharmaceutical waste.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- H.S. Diploma or GED
- Graduate of an accredited certified medical assistant and certificate.
- Active MA Certification through state where hired (WA only); OR one of the nationally recognized MA programs: AAMA, AMCA, NHA, AMT, NCCT, or NAHP; or a graduate of schools for MA diploma/certificate from the military in Medical Specialist Course.
- WA State MA-C to work in state of WA (MA-R not accepted for MA II role)
- Current BLS - Must be AHA accredited
- 6 months Healthcare experience
- 6 months Medical Assistant experience
About the clinic you will serve.
Providence Medical Group is a group of more than 125 primary care, specialty care and hospital-based medical providers who serve a five-county region in scenic southwest Washington. Our clinics are located in Aberdeen, Centralia, Lacey, Olympia and Rochester. With an emphasis on the medical home model, our providers and staff strive to create a distinctive health care experience for each patient – one focused on trust, respect, communication and teamwork.