Requisition Number: ONBAS04211
OnBase Product Owner
U.S. citizenship is required for this position due to Department of Defense restrictions.
The OnBase Product Owner is focused on implementing enhancements and changes to the Hyland OnBase Enterprise Content Management suite (ECM) in alignment with WPS and business unit strategy and priorities. They are accountable for understanding the strategy and vision of their customer base, collaborating with the stakeholders in developing features and ensuring their product backlog is prioritized to best support this vision. The OnBase Product Owner is responsible for maximizing the value of the products created by a scrum development team and plays a significant role in delivering high quality product capability to the business stakeholders.
In collaboration with the Scrum Master, the OnBase Product Owner is responsible for ensuring quality deliverables at the end of each sprint. As the liaison for the stakeholders, the Product Owner is responsible for determining whether sprint deliverables have met the definition of done or requires additional work.
Successful candidates will work closely communicate with a variety of IT Teams and must have in-depth and hands-on experience.
In this role you will:
- Understand and support prioritized work by collaborating with stakeholders to create features and then breakdown features into user stories
- Collaborate with stakeholders across business and technology to ensure alignment by balancing competing interests and needs across organization to arrive at a clear vision, communicating effectively and aligning various partners along the way.
- Communicate concepts and ideas to stakeholders and support decision making at all levels within organization.
- Manage the delivery of business value by owning the team backlog, defining stories, establishing story acceptance criteria and leading story refinement for preparation of iteration planning and program increment planning
- Review and accept user stories throughout the iteration as developed functionality is completed by the team
- Work with other Product Owners to determine impacts and interdependencies with other teams, programs or value streams
- Act as customer advocate for team questions and seek out opportunities to connect the team with end users, stakeholders and customers to develop and improve their understanding and empathy of end user needs
- Provide an active role in mitigating impediments impacting successful completion of release/sprint goals.
- Protect scope of product and of sprints.
- Detail product vision, road-map, and growth opportunities.
- Communicate vision and direction to development team and stakeholders.
- Establish and monitor product value metrics, providing related reporting to stakeholders to communicate product status.
- Interact with stakeholders during iteration demos, or individually, to show the most critical aspects of a solution and negotiate the reality of systems solutions
- Collaborate with Product Manager to provide input to the Program Vision and Roadmap
- Collaborate with the team and stakeholders to define and plan for releases
- Participate in the iteration demo and retrospective meetings to inspect and adapt the product or solution for the next iteration and the team’s process for improvements in how they work to build solution increments
- Work with the team to ensure features, stories, and tasks are entered, maintained, and tracked in required Agile tooling solutions
This role could be a good fit if you:
- Are Self-Motivated and results driven
- Have proven ability to understand complex ideas, break them down into smaller, sequential plan, while understanding interdependencies to deliver solutions
- Have a passion for solution-based thinking in problem solving, asking probing questions and looking for underlying issues
- Have the ability to influence and guide build strong relationships with stakeholders
- Like to develop and create stories and to inform team and stakeholders
- Enjoying championing the product vision and engaging with diverse stakeholders to deliver that vision
- Enjoy keeping up to date with Agile/Scrum best practices and trends.
You’ll benefit from this experience by:
- Working in a fast-paced environment on diverse projects, with multiple stakeholders and teams in an environment that has very strong team cohesion and comradery across different roles.
- Working for a leader that values, develops and coaches team members.
- Being a member of a team that is solutions focused, self-starting, hardworking, independent staff.
- Fully utilizing Agile/Scrum methodologies to enhance and reinforce the team's effectiveness and efficiency.
- Working in an environment that serves our Nation’s military, veterans, Guard and Reserves along with their families.
You need to have:
- U.S. citizenship is required for this position due to Department of Defense restrictions.
Bachelor's Degree in related field or equivalent post high school and/or related work experience
- 1 or more year of related work experience
We also prefer:
- 4 or more years of experience as a Business Systems Analyst OR a combination of relevant experience.
- Experience in Agile (Scrum, Lean, Kanban) environments.
- This person to be located out of the Madison WI Office, we are open to considering remote from approved locations.
- Hyland OnBase Enterprise Content Management (ECM) application experience
- 4 or more years of experience as a Product Owner / Business Analyst on a Scrum team Experience with requirements in an agile software development environment
- International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA) Membership.
- Business Analysis Certifications such as Capability in Business Analysis (CCBA), Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP), PMI Professional Business Analysis (PMI-PBA), etc.
- Agile Certifications such as Professional Scrum Product Owner (PSPO); Professional Scrum Master (PSM), etc.
- Experience within health insurance industry
- Experience supporting state or federal agencies
- Our Enterprise Content Management Team currently consists of Developers, System Administrators, Business Analysts, and Product Owners.
Compensation and Benefits
- Eligible for annual Performance Bonus Program
- 401(k) with dollar-per-dollar match up to 6% of salary
- Competitive paid time off
- Health and dental insurance start DAY 1
- Vision insurance
- Flexible spending, dependent care, and health savings accounts
- Short- and long-term disability, group life insurance
- Dress for your day
- Innovative professional and cognitive development programs
Who We Are
WPS Health Solutions is an innovator in health insurance and a worldwide leader in claims administration, serving millions of beneficiaries in the United States and abroad.
Founded in 1946, WPS offers health insurance plans for individuals, families, and seniors, and group plans for small and large businesses. We are a world-class claims processor and program administrator for the government’s Medicare program. And we manage benefits for millions of active-duty and retired military personnel and their families.
WPS has been named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere® Institute for 10 years in a row.
Learn more about WPS.
Our Purpose and Values
Our purpose is to make healthcare easier for those we serve. Click Here
Our values – Customer Focused, Individual Responsibility, Mutual Respect, and Driven & Passionate – are the core of who we are and how we conduct business every day.
WPS Health Insurance offers high-quality health insurance plans for individuals and families, Medicare supplement plans for seniors, and group health plans for businesses of every size.
Military and Veterans Health
WPS Military and Veterans Health administers claims and provides customer service and related activities for the U.S. Department of Defense and the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs and their beneficiaries.
Government Health Administrators
WPS Government Health Administrators manages Medicare Part A and Part B benefits for more than 7 million beneficiaries. As one of the largest contractors for the Centers for Medicare & Medicare Services, we’ve served Medicare beneficiaries and their health care providers since 1966.
Arise Health Plan provides innovative and high-value health plans to groups and individuals in eastern and northeastern Wisconsin. With our quality Wisconsin-based customer service, Arise offers health care expertise with a personal touch.
EPIC Specialty Benefits
EPIC Specialty Benefits provides businesses group insurance products that cover:
- Voluntary benefits
Stay connected: Sign-up for Job Alerts