Maintenance Mechanic - Machine Repair
2001638 Requisition #
At Trane Technologies we ChallengePossible. Our brands including Trane and Thermo King create accessto cooling and comfort in buildings and homes, transport and protect food andperishables, connect customers to elevated performance with less environmentalimpact, dramatically reduce energy demands and carbon emissions, and innovatewith a better world in mind. We boldly challenge whats possible for asustainable world.
BRIEF DESCRIPTION AND REQUIREMENTS
Perform complicatedmaintenance work.
Must have journeymanspapers with 2 to 3 years experience performing complex work inindustrial maintenance as a machine repair mechanic.
Must evidenceability in performing complex mechanical work in industrialmaintenance.
- Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions.
- Knowledge of mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems repair
- Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments.
- Removes defective parts by dismantling devices; using hoists, and hand and power tools; examining form and texture of parts.
- Determines changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts; using rules, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments by using hand tools, levels, plumb bobs, and straightedges.
- Fabricates repair parts by using machine shop instrumentation and equipment.
- Maintains equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt.
- Conserves maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing technical publications; establishing personal networks.
- Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Ability to read blue print, layout, install and maintain various equipment.
- Ability to follow oral and written communication
Must have no serious medicalconditions that would inhabit the performance of duties.
Medical examination to include X-ray.
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits andprograms that help our employees thrive in both their professional and personallives. We are proud of our winning culture which is inclusive and respectful atits core. We share passion for serving customers, caring for others, andboldly challenging whats possible for a sustainable world.
We are committed to achieving workforce diversity reflective ofour communities. We are an equal opportunity employer. Allqualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regardto race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, nationalorigin, pregnancy, age, marital status, disability, status as a protectedveteran, or any legally protected status.