Product Inspection Coordinator
Are you ready for a career where fun means business? Join us at Oriental Trading Company, a Berkshire Hathaway Company!
In this role you will inspect merchandise to assure quality compliance through use of OTC product specifications, purchase order details, and vendor production samples. Responsible for cataloging, maintaining and coordination of approved product production samples within the OTC Sample Archive.
- Verifies UPC information through RF Gun process on domestic receipts to initiate product movement to warehouse locations. Ensures UPC issues are addressed and updated in the OTC systems in a timely fashion.
- Status product daily to ensure merchandise is available for fulfillment and non-compliant merchandise is unavailable for sale.
- Investigates quality, shelf life, labeling and packaging issues reported through the Fulfillment Issues Database and as requested by internal customers.
- Resource for acquisition of supporting evidence related to product claims including digital photos and stock samples.
- Updates and maintains all inspection, production and archive related data in OTC systems on a daily basis.
- Manages the OTC Sample Archive. Catalog production samples, fulfill internal requests, maintain accuracy of database, perform monthly close out purge and regularly audit sample bins to ensure archive integrity.
- Inspects applicable Foreign product, using AQL standards, to ensure all quality, packaging, labeling and functionality expectations are met.
- Creates and revises Product Specification Sheets; which includes production information, photos and diagrams, to facilitate the inspection process at overseas locations to ensure product meets company standards.
- Motivates and enlists cooperation with other team members to maximize results. Prepares, controls, documents and communicates issues, schedules, and results for inspection and archive problems to all necessary associates.
- Maintains effective communication with all team members and internal/external customers .
- Maintains a clean and safe work area at all times.
- Maintain regular and predictable attendance.
- Abides by all policies and procedures of Oriental Trading Company
- Must be able to attend face to face meetings on short or little advance notice
- Work in the Merchandising Department office environment requires in-person collaboration among colleagues and contractors
- Serves to represent OTC to the general community, promoting the best interest of OTC.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
- Provides assistance to manager, supervisor and other team members as needed.
Here is what you need to join the FUN...
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in written form.
- Ability to efficiently operate PC and various software including but not limited to Internet, AS400, Lotus Notes, Microsoft Access, Excel, & Word. Requires keyboarding of a minimum of 35 WPM
- Ability to use basic measuring tools to determine product criteria
- Ability to adjust to frequent changes in policies and processes.
- Ability to prioritize and work efficiently as a team and independently on multiple tasks and initiatives to meet priority deadlines.
- Must possess effective problem solving, analytical, technical writing skills, have a high attention to detail and be highly organized.
- Ability to manage stress and handle difficult situations in a professional manner.
- Ability to understand problems and business objectives.
- Ability to work in a fast paced team environment.
- Ability to perform job duties in a safe manner.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Associates Degree in Business or equivalent preferred
- Minimum one year experience with updating and maintaining spreadsheets and databases
- Previous quality control or quality assurance experience preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Access, Word and Excel and Lotus Notes
- AS400 experience preferred
Other Qualifications and Physical Requirements
- Ability to stand/walk for duration of shift
- Ability to push, squat, bend and reach overhead on an occasional basis
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally and 35 pounds frequently
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Ability to perform job duties in a safe manner
All work and no play just isn't our style. Join us today!
Oriental Trading Company, a Berkshire Hathaway Company is the nation's leading direct marketer of value-priced novelties, toys and party supplies and welcomes talented, motivated people who want to build a meaningful career and Make The World More Fun!
Oriental Trading Company is the nation's largest direct retailer of value-priced party supplies, arts and crafts, school supplies, toys and novelties. Recognized as one of the Top 20 Internet Retailers based on customer satisfaction, Oriental Trading offers over 40,000 products to consumers, educators, businesses and non-profit organizations. Oriental Trading employs approximately 1,600 employees and makes the world more fun with items ranging from pink flamingos and wedding favors to holiday decorations, educational games and crafts.