We are currently recruiting for an Inventory Manager who will work with our Cook & Boardman team in Nashville, Tennessee.
Established in 1955, The Cook & Boardman Group is the nation’s premier provider of architectural doors and frames, door hardware and related building specialty products in addition to complete systems integration services. We provide solutions for commercial and multi-family residential building applications. With more than forty convenient locations throughout the United States, we are uniquely positioned to provide the best entry and IT solutions for new construction, renovation and upgrade projects. We offer local service with a national presence.
Managing inventory levels, purchasing department, creation of new inventory, vendor relations, and process improvement.
- Manage Inventory
- Manage and lead Purchasing Department
- Understand stock level requirements based on system demand, past usage, expected usage, and manufacturer lead times
- Maximize inventory turns
- Minimize dead stock
- Vet new inventory requests, determine appropriate stocking levels, manage the creation of new SKUs
- Stock Management
- Cycle Counts, Pool Management, Returned Goods
- Lead warehouse in annual inventory preparation
- WIP Management
- Review WIP materials, determine best standard operating procedure to minimize issues
- Build and manage vendor relationships
- Assist in reviewing and implementing processes and procedures to improve the overall operation.
- Minimum education - high school diploma, some college courses preferred
- Experience in inventory practices, accounting and finance
- Must pass pre-employment background check and drug screen
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Extensive Comsense knowledge
- Results oriented
- Ability to manage and lead a team
- Technical industry knowledge required to be able to accurately order materials, and determine substitution
- Understanding of manufacturer discounts and quickship programs
- Familiar with manufacturer extranets, and material ordering programs
Must be able to stand and walk for much of the day. Ability to lift 5-25 pounds frequently and ability to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally.
Other conditions may include proximity to forklifts or other heavy machinery and using various tools and hardware.