Under general supervision operates a multi-line telephone console; gives routine information to the public; greets the public; registers patients; maintains patient records; and accepts payments. This position will participate and support the Patient Centered Medical Home model in coordinating the care needs of patients focusing on the continuity of care.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Graduation from an accredited business or technical school is preferred
- One year of work experience in an organization performing duties comparable to a telephone switchboard and/or general clerk/typist
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Proven computer and database management skills
- Cultural sensitivity
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Bilingual in Spanish is strongly preferred
- Correct English usage, grammar, and spelling
- Office practices, procedures, and equipment
- Basic math skills
- Phone Etiquette
- Receives, screens and routes calls to appropriate destination.
- Greets public, staff, and others in a professional and courteous manner.
- Registers new patients in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Verifies and updates registration and payor information at every patient visit.
- Determines insurance, Medicaid and Medicare eligibility.
- Accepts payments, issues receipts and reconciles cash drawers daily.
- Explains and assists individuals with State Offered Insurance plan applications.
- Offers assistance with county agencies as needed
- Maintains receptionist supplies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Run Automatic Eligibility Verifications.
- Follow up with Voice mail messages and setting appointments.
- Attendance is an essential function of the job