Fortune Magazine lists Scripps Health No. 4 on its Top 40 Health Care Systems list in April 2020 and is the only San Diego-based health care system to make the list.
Scripps Health and MD Anderson joint partnership called Scripps MD Anderson proudly offer oncology patients care at the Cancer Treatment Center in Torrey Pines. Feel the pride serving our community and working closely with Scripps Health research teams and provide research protocols to enhance patient care.
The Cancer Treatment department consists of 25 chairs and do an average of 55-70 cancer treatments including oncology infusions and supporting treatments. The care team includes charge and resource nurses and resources and you will work in close contact with the clinic provider and their team.
Treating all malignancy types, we have a compounding pharmacy on site and are proud of our patient outcomes.
Join our leadership team supporting the Torrey Pines Clinic where you will bring your expertise, compassion, and excellence to all we do. With our commitment to quality patient care, we invite you to join our highly engaged Care team.
As the RN Supervisor, Cancer Treatment Room you will provide nursing oversight and staff management of our cancer treatment and infusion services. Supervise RN’s and Medical Assistants to ensure nursing practice reflects established standards of care. Share leadership responsibilities for the clinical staff, including managing daily staffing plans, filling in when and where needed, and maintaining schedules for optimal efficiency.
Additionally, you will work in partnership with management and physicians to ensure quality and efficiency in the management of patient care. Manage and develop clinical staff. Contribute to operations management and participates in budget planning and management. Contribute to patient satisfaction efforts.
This is a full-time, Exempt 8 hour day shift position located in Torrey Pines.
- Current California RN license.
- Current BLS from the AmericanHeart Association
- Minimum one (3) year recent RNexperience within oncology, chemotherapy andimmunotherapy skills required.
- OCN Certification – required to obtain withinone year employment.
- Prior ambulatory oncology experience
- Knowledge of authorization, coding and billing
- Excellent skills incommunication, problem-solving, team development, planning, and follow-through.
- Ability to exercise theauthority and responsibility for assigned services based on the scope ofthe organization and complexity of patient care.