At Scripps Health, you will experience the pride, support, respect that has been repeatedly recognized as one of the nation’s Top 100 Places to Work.
You’ll be surrounded by people committed to making a difference in the lives of their patients and their teammates. So if you’re open to change, go ahead and unlock your potential.
Scripps Memorial Hospital La Jolla Emergency Services and Level II Trauma Center is located inside the Prebys Cardiovascular Institute. The Prebys Cardiovascular Institute is the most comprehensive place for heart care in San Diego. Built upon a 90-year history of Scripps medical breakthroughs and discoveries, the center is also the largest on the West Coast for cardiovascular medicine, research and training that will help shape heart care around the world.
RNs in the 47 bed Emergency Services at Scripps Memorial Hospital La Jolla will get hands-on experience working with comprehensive stroke, LVAD, Level II trauma and ECMO program. RNs have an array of educational opportunities and are actively involved in process improvements. The Emergency Services RNs at La Jolla are trained as MICN (Mobile Intensive Care Nurses) and have the opportunity to work in a designated Base Station providing direction and support to medics. Additional expectations include but not limited to:
- Provides direct patient care within the scope of his/her practice
- Patient care includes assessment, planning and implementing a plan of care and evaluating patients' progress towards expected outcomes
- The RN takes primary responsibility for the patients' care as delivered by the Care Team under his/her supervision.
- Works collaboratively with other members of the patient care team to ensure optimal patient care.
This is a Full Time, 12-hour Night Shift, position located at Scripps Memorial Hospital La Jolla.
- Registered Nursing Degree from an Accredited School of Nursing
- Active California RN license
- American Heart Association BLS, ACLS and PALS Healthcare Provider Certifications
- 1 year of recent adult emergency services experience
- Be able to speak, read and following instructions in English
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrate positive behaviors
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing
- CEN – Certified Emergency Nursing