At Scripps Health, you will
experience the pride, support, and respect of an organization that has been
repeatedly recognized as one of the nation’s Top 100 Places to Work.
You’ll be surrounded by people
committed to making a difference in the lives of their patients and their
teammates. So if you’re open to change, go ahead and unlock your potential.
Join a winning team
at Scripps Green Hospital supporting the Patient Financial department as a
Patient Service Representative. The
ideal candidate will thrive in a high patient volume environment and enjoy
working and learning in a variety of areas. This position involves both front
and back office duties, such as assisting with check in, registration,
payments, insurance authorizations, and scheduling.
In this role, you will be
- Interacting with patients, payers and providers to gatherinformation necessary for accurate registration including assigning ofappropriate medical record number, scheduling, and referral/authorization,point of service payment collection, document collection and arrival/check-infunctions
- Responding to customer billing and payment inquires asneeded.
- Effectively managing the patient check-in and check-outprocess from start to finish, which includes identification verification;updating or confirming demographic and insurance information on every patient;ensuring appropriate forms are provided, signed and witnessed at the time ofthe patient visit; collecting patient payment responsibility and accuratelypreparing end of day reporting or payment reconciliation as needed.
- Escalating billing inquiries as needed.
- Accurately scheduling patient appointments. Successfulscheduling includes, but is not limited to, exhibiting proficiency inappointment scheduling procedures, accurate documentation and routing ofmessages, scheduling and confirming appointments according to practiceguidelines, entering appropriate insurance, performing key user duties withminimal errors.
- May be responsible for initiating and validatingreferrals/authorizations.
- Regularly displaying a proactive approach to customerservice by listening to the patient, taking ownership of solutions and beingable to accurately identify the need to involve leadership in order to resolveconcerns.
This is a Part Time position that is
eligible for the award-winning Scripps Benefit Package. This position has a set
weekend schedule and this individual will be required to work Friday, Saturday,
Sunday, and Monday from 8:00am to 4:30pm.
- Must be able to demonstrate proficiency of computerapplications, excellent mathematical skills and ability to handle monies.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills; innovative withability to identify and solve problems.
- 3 years of customer service experience.
- Previous experience in a healthcare/medicaloffice environment.
- Able to adapt, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, commercial and governmenthealth insurance and billing guidelines, ACA requirements, understanding ofDRG's, Medical ICD9/ICD10 codes and CPT/HCPC Codes and Modifiers.