At Scripps Health, you will
experience the pride, support, respect that has been repeatedly recognized as
one of the nation’s Top 100 Places to Work.
You’ll be surrounded by people
committed to making a difference in the lives of their patients and their
teammates. So, if you’re open to change, go ahead and unlock your potential.
Established in 1924 by Ellen
Browning Scripps, Scripps Memorial Hospital La Jolla has been one of Southern
California’s premier medical centers for more than 90 years. With 444 licensed
beds, we offer a wide range of clinical, surgical and specialty services,
including a Level II Trauma Center and 24-hour emergency services.
We invite you to join our highly
engaged Scripps Memorial La Jolla, Surgical Acute team of Patient Care Assistant’s
and be a key member of an outstanding clinical care team. The ideal candidate
will thrive in a fast-paced environment and provide excellent service to
The Patient Care Assistant provides
excellent service to patients as a key member of the clinical care team.
- Assists patients with personal needs and activities ofdaily living, collects data, and ensures the patient has a safe, organizedenvironment.
- Assists with patient care within the scope permittedand under the direction of a clinician.
- Supports the unit with a variety of patient logistic,clerical, equipment/supply, and charge reconciliation duties.
This position is Part-Time (36 hours
per pay period) with a rotating night shift that includes weekends and
holidays. This position is located at Scripps Memorial Hospital La
- One year of recent experienceworking under the license of a licensed healthcare provider OR
- current enrollment orcompletion of Nursing Assistant training from a recognized school OR
- current enrollment in an RNprogram with completion of the second semester, including nursingfundamentals.
- Must be able to speak, read andfollow instruction in English.
- Excellent interpersonal skillswith a service aptitude.
- American Heart Association(AHA) Basic Life Support (BLS) for health care provider
- CNA certification.
- Multiple patient care skillspreferred.
- Preferred one-year acute careexperience