At Scripps Health, you will experience the pride,
support, respect that has been repeatedly recognized as one of the nation’s Top
100 Places to Work.
You’ll be surrounded by people committed to making a
difference in the lives of their patients and their teammates. So, if you’re
open to change, go ahead and unlock your potential.
Established in 1924 by Ellen Browning Scripps, Scripps
Memorial Hospital La Jolla has been one of Southern California’s premier
medical centers for more than 90 years. With 444 licensed beds, we offer a wide
range of clinical, surgical and specialty services, including a Level II Trauma
Center and 24-hour emergency services.
We invite you to join our highly engaged Scripps
Memorial La Jolla, Surgical Acute team of Patient Care Assistant’s and be a key
member of an outstanding clinical care team. The ideal candidate will thrive in
a fast-paced environment and provide excellent service to patients.
The Patient Care Assistant provides excellent service
to patients as a key member of the clinical care team.
- Assistspatients with personal needs and activities of daily living, collectsdata, and ensures the patient has a safe, organized environment.
- Assists withpatient care within the scope permitted and under the direction of aclinician.
- Supports theunit with a variety of patient logistic, clerical, equipment/supply, andcharge reconciliation duties.
This position is Part-Time (48 hours per pay period)
with a rotating day shift that includes weekends and holidays. This position is
located at Scripps Memorial Hospital La Jolla.
Required Education/Experience/Specialized Skills:
- One year ofrecent experience working under the license of a licensed healthcareprovider OR
- currentenrollment or completion of Nursing Assistant training from a recognizedschool OR
- currentenrollment in an RN program with completion of the second semester,including nursing fundamentals.
- Must be ableto speak, read and follow instruction in English.
- Excellentinterpersonal skills with a service aptitude.
- American HeartAssociation (AHA) Basic Life Support (BLS) for health care provider
- Multiplepatient care skills preferred.
- Preferredone-year acute care experience