At Scripps Health, you will
experience the pride, support, respect that has been repeatedly recognized as
one of the nation’s Top 100 Places to Work.
You’ll be surrounded by people
committed to making a difference in the lives of their patients and their
teammates. So if you’re open to change, go ahead and unlock your potential.
Established in 1924 by Ellen
Browning Scripps, Scripps Memorial Hospital La Jolla has been one of Southern
California’s premier medical centers for more than 90 years. Scripps La Jolla
was ranked No. 1 by U.S. News and World Report U.S. News for the San Diego
region and among the best in the nation in eight specialties.
The Patient Care Assistant (PCA) in
the Float Pool will float between Scripps La Jolla, widely known for the Prebys
Cardiovascular Institute and Scripps Green Hospital campus recognized for their
transplant program and spine services.
As a PCA you will provide excellent
service to patients as a key member of the clinical care team.
- Assists patients with personal needsand activities of daily living, collects data, and ensures the patient has asafe, organized environment.
- Assists with patient care within the scopepermitted and under the direction of a clinician.
- Supports the unit with a variety ofpatient logistic, clerical, equipment/supply, and charge reconciliation duties.
This position is
Full-Time (72 hours per pay period), 12-hour night shifts with a rotating work
schedule that includes weekends. Position will float between Scripps Memorial
Hospital La Jolla and Scripps Green Hospital.
- One year of recent experience working under the licenseof a licensed healthcare provider OR
- Current enrollment or completion of Nursing Assistanttraining from a recognized school OR
- Current enrollment in an RN program with completion ofthe second semester, including nursing fundamentals
- Must be able to speak, read and follow instruction inEnglish
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a service aptitude
- American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support(BLS) for health care provider
- Multiple patient care skills preferred
- Acute Care experience
- CNA certification