Change lives, starting with yours.
You’ll be surrounded by people committed to making a difference in the lives of their patients and their teammates. So if you’re open to change, go ahead and unlock your potential.
Join Scripps as Manager, Patient Care RN and be responsible for leading a dynamic team in a busy, high acuity Cardiac Cath Lab and recovery room. The position serves 5 Cardiac Cath labs and a 14 bed recovery room. With expert doctors and advanced technologies, Scripps is the leader in interventional cardiology, treating more patients than any other system in San Diego.
Our board-certified cardiologists are nationally recognized experts in the latest techniques and devices, some of which are only available locally through clinical trials at Scripps in San Diego. Here, you’ll be part of a team that delivers outstanding health care in a supportive, respectful environment that has been repeatedly recognized as one of the nation’s Top 100 Places to Work. You’ll be surrounded by people committed to making a difference in the lives of their patients and their teammates.
As Manger Patient Care RN, you will create and maintain an environment that assures nursing practice reflects established standards of care and practice and a culture that promotes patient safety. You will be responsible for the daily operations of assigned nursing unit, including creating and managing staffing plans and ensuring appropriate equipment and resources are available to staff to do their job.
Additionally, you will ensure the safe transition of patients through the continuum of care to include active participation of nursing staff in planning and coordinating patient care, and direct hand-off to next appropriate level of care. You will also be accountable for meeting operational budgets for assigned department(s).
This Manager position is located in La Jolla.
A New Hire Retention Bonus and relocation assistance is available to those who qualify.
Required Education/Experience/Specialized Skills:
- Associate's degree.
- Five years applicable clinical experience, two of which in a leadership role.
- Requires excellent skills in communication, problem-solving, team development, planning and follow-through.
- Ability to exercise the authority and responsibility for assigned services based on the scope of the organization and complexity of patient care.
- Graduate of an accredited program
- Maintains current California RN license.
- Current American Heart Association Healthcare Provider BLS and ACLS certifications.
- All competencies/certifications required of the charge RN on the unit.
Preferred Education/Experience/Specialized Skills/Certification:
- Bachelor's/Master's degree or MSN preferred.
- Certification in area of specialty preferred if applicable.
- Epic working experience preferred.
- Previous clinical and leadership experience in Cardiac Cath Lab and Recovery Room highly preferred.