At Scripps Health, you will experience the pride, support, and respect of an organization that has been repeatedly recognized as one of the nation’s Top 100 Places to Work.
You’ll be surrounded by people committed to making a difference in the lives of their patients and their teammates. So if you’re open to change, go ahead and unlock your potential.
Join a winning team at Scripps Memorial Hospital La Jolla supporting the Risk Management department as a Coordinator - Patient Relations. Working together, you’ll bring your expertise, compassion and excellence to all we do. This is an ideal role for a solid patient advocate, for someone with a passion for customer service, and for someone who is able to work autonomously while interacting with all levels in the organization.
As a Coordinator - Patient Relations, you will provide risk management services including planning, developing, monitoring, entering and reporting data from the database related to patient relations and privacy disclosures. Other duties include:
- Providing follow up on events and working toward process improvement with the different departments.
- Assisting with claims management including monitoring and resolving patient relations cases in coordination with site risk manager.
- Advocating for concerned patients and family members during or after their stay, or receipt of service in the facility. Listening to issues, investigating concerns, and providing feedback to requesting individual(s).
- Routinely responsible for writing letters and preparing reports.
This is a salaried Full Time, Day Shift position with a Monday - Friday schedule, located at Scripps Memorial Hospital La Jolla.
- Associates of Science degree or above.
- Additional training or education in behavioral health, patient advocacy and /or risk management.
- Work experience in a medical environment and demonstrated understanding of medical terminology.
- Word processing skills and ability to write letters on behalf of the organization.
- Four years successful hospital or health care agency advocacy and /or risk management experience required.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, ability to make another individual feel comfortable, ability to inspire confidence quickly.
- Excellent verbal and written skills required.
- Ability to design data collection systems, analyze and trend data and present trends to management staff.
- Demonstrated ability to make independent judgments.
- Word processing and data base experience highly desirable.
- Ability to work with highly confidential materials in a secure and discreet manner required.
- Bachelor's degree in behavioral health sciences, or a combination related degree and advocacy experience.
- Experience with regulatory affairs and litigation.
- Conflict resolution training.
- Ability to utilize Excel or other data base and depict graphed information.
- ARM (Associate in Risk Management)