At Scripps Health, you will
experience the pride, support, respect that has been repeatedly recognized as
one of the nation’s Top 100 Places to work.
You’ll be surrounded by people committed to making a
difference in the lives of their patients and their teammates. So if
you’re open to change, go ahead and unlock your potential.
Scripps Memorial Hospital La Jolla has been one of Southern
California’s premier medical centers for more than 90 years, the first in San
Diego to be designated a Magnet Hospital by the American Nursing Association.
In 2018, Scripps La Jolla was ranked No. 1 by U.S. News & World Report for
the San Diego region and among the best in the nation in seven specialties.
With 444 licensed beds, we offer a wide range of clinical, surgical and
specialty services, and are consistently recognized for quality patient care.
We invite you to join a team
of skilled medical professionals who provide superior health services in a
As a Case Manager (CM) you
will be using objective data, evidence based screening tools, and care team referrals,
the CM screens all patients in their assigned caseload to identify those
patients who may have discharge needs; who may be at risk for an unplanned
readmission within 30 days of acute care discharge; who have a high risk of
mortality; who are medically complex and may have a prolonged LOS or who have
- Completes a more comprehensive review of thesetargeted patients to develop a prioritized list of patients they will activelymanage.
- Coordinates with the health care team and thepatient/family to address payer issues that impact care, and to develop atransition plan of care that includes a safe discharge plan and plan for followup with care providers post discharge.
- Ensures that the patient/family agrees with andunderstands this transition plan and that the plan is implementedappropriately.
- Works in collaboration with utilization reviewnurse to ensure that reviews are completed timely.
This is a Full-Time (70 hours
per pay period) position with a rotating schedule. This position is located at
Scripps Memorial Hospital La Jolla.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) highlydesired.
- Case Management and/or home care experiencepreferred.
- Case management certification highly preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Office preferred.
- 1-year experience as an Inpatient Case Manager preferred.
- CCM or ACM certificate preferred.
- 3plus year's clinical experience.
- Current California RN License.
- BLS for Health Care Provider.