We Are Hiring
Dir-Facilities Mgmt - Maintenance Plant 004 - Full-Time,Day - Bethlehem Wds Retirement Comm - LaGrange Park,IL
Why Join Ascension?
Senior Living and Long-Term Care Communities
As a subsidiary of Ascension, Ascension Living is committed to providing services, amenities, opportunities and support, so seniors can enjoy living healthier and happier, at every age and at every stage.
We're the second-largest nonprofit system in the U.S. Our living choices include independent living, assisted living, memory care, short-term rehabilitative care and long-term skilled nursing care.
More than 10,000 adults live in our 54 senior living communities, which are located in 12 states, and Washington, D.C. Also, more than 5,500 associates are employed by Ascension – professional, compassionate individuals who believe in empowering people to age successfully.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable. In FY2019, Ascension provided $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
Ascension includes more than 150,000 associates and 40,000 aligned providers. The national health system operates more than 2,600 sites of care – including 150 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities – in 20 states and the District of Columbia, while providing a variety of services including clinical and network services, venture capital investing, investment management, biomedical engineering, facilities management, risk management, and contracting through Ascension's own group purchasing organization.
What You Will Do
As a Director of Facilities Management with Ascension Senior Living, you will have the opportunity to direct operations of the maintenance and facilities department to ensure alignment with the mission, values and objectives of the organization.
- Develops departmental goals, plans and standards consistent with clinical, administrative, legal and ethical requirements and objectives of the organization.
- Plans, organizes and directs all activities related to staffing, including hiring, orienting, evaluating, disciplinary actions and continuing education initiatives.
- Prepares budgets and ensures compliance with allocated funding. Coordinates and directs internal/external audits.
- Maintains knowledge of applicable statutory, regulatory and administrative requirements relative to departmental operations and ensures departmental compliance.
- Provides support to and solicits input from other directors, leaders, administrators, and physicians. Encourages and establishes a forum for quality improvement discussions, design, and implementation of ideas at all levels.
What You Will Need
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Certification specializing in Healthcare Facilities.
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree required Master's degree preferred
- 5 years of experience required. 10 years of experience preferred. 2 years of leadership or management experience required. 5 years of leadership or management experience preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet. For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law“ poster:
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Ascension participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)