Morrie's Auto Group is looking for an Technician to join our team. If you are motivated, detail oriented, and enjoy working in a fun, fast-paced working environment, then we have an opportunity for you.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for diagnosing and repairing problems with the engine, transmission, electrical, steering, suspension, brakes, and similar systems.
- Testing to check whether systems and components are secure and are working properly.
- Driving the vehicle for testing purposes or using various equipment, including hand-held and onboard compression gauges or diagnostic computers.
- Maintaining efficiency and accuracy in diagnosing as well as repairing vehicles.
- Following a checklist in ensuring that, they examine each critical part of the vehicle.
- Watching or inspecting closely parts like hoses, belts, plugs, fuel systems, brakes, and other possible troublesome items.
- Using power tools like pneumatic wrenches in order to remove bolts easily and quickly.
- Using machine tools, such as grinding machines and lathes to rebuild brakes.
- Using common hand tools like screwdrivers, wrenches, and pliers, to work on small-scale parts.
- Writing vehicle damage repair estimates
- Possess problem-solving and decision-making abilities
- Manual dexterity and enough strength and flexibility to work in uncomfortable positions for long periods of time
- Good knowledge of automobiles.
- Effective analytical and communication skills.
- Ability to learn new technology and repair and service procedures and specifications.
- Should be able to operate electronic diagnostic equipment.
- We offer competitive compensation, as well as a comprehensive benefit plan – including medical, dental, paid time off, STD/LTD, 401K and life insurance. We also offer opportunities for advancement.