Under the supervision of the Director, the Programmer develop, administer, implement, schedule supervise and evaluate contract and instructional aquatics programs for the City of Kyle and within the community. Additionally, the Aquatics Programmer will prepare program information and registration, registers and enrolls participants. Ensure pool chemical levels, assists with hiring and training of seasonal pool personnel, compose reports for programs; analyzes effectiveness of service delivery; and develops goals and priorities for the recreation department.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (STUFF YOU'LL NEED TO BE ABLE TO DO):
- Assists the Parks and Recreation Director by helping with supervision, evaluations, training and delegating duties for all staff, employees and volunteers working in the Recreation Aquatics Division.
- Oversee pool operations and assist in other areas of the department, as needed, including: camps, community and special events, interns and park volunteers. Ensures all work is done in a productive, safe and effective working environment.
- Plan and coordinate the development of promotional material to promote department programs and events by using various marketing techniques and media releases. May prepare monthly reports and maintain revenue and expenditures reports on assigned programs; may order supplies and equipment for programs
- Plan, develop promote, schedule, implement, and evaluate many Parks & Recreation sponsored or co-sponsored community and special events. Helps to oversee many community events and holiday activities and supports citywide special events by serving on event committees.
- Performs pool chemistry tests and safety checks and develops and administers a comprehensive maintenance program for the aquatic facilities and equipment including: equipment acquisition, facility monitoring, pool and grounds condition monitoring, and evaluation of equipment usage needs and scheduling of replacement.
- Assist the Parks and Recreation Director with preparing, updating and providing needed information to the citizens of the community.
- Attends staff, committee, and council meetings and give presentations as needed.
- Provide support at various departmental programs/activities.
- Contributes to team effort by performing other duties as assigned.
- Drives vehicle throughout the City and surrounding areas to make inspections, check on programs, attend meetings, and to run errands.
Must exemplify the Team Kyle Core Roles as an Employee by:
Knowledge Knowledgeable in all aspects of job and City operations; maintains high quality of work; follows health and safety guidelines.
Yes-Attitude Demonstrates superior customer service; treats other employees and citizens with kindness; promotes goodwill; solves conflict with tact.
Leading Edge Continually looking for areas to improve upon; decisive and adaptive; supports new ideas; a driver for change. Innovative
Employee Accountability -Actively seeks and gives performance feedback in order to determine developmental opportunities; uses feedback as an opportunity for continuous improvement.
Community Relations: (You'll Need To Be Able To Play Well With Others)
- Provides customers with information over the telephone and in person; responds to and resolve citizen's complaints concerning programs, activities, and the Parks & Recreation Department.
- Maintains desired working relationship with Parks & Recreation Director and City Manager.
- Works cooperatively with community groups.
- Maintains a professional working relationship with other Federal, State, and local Parks and Recreation Agencies.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES (BECAUSE IT'S NOT JUST FOR ANYBODY):
- Thorough knowledge of Parks & Recreation administration and methods.
- Thorough knowledge of Aquatics programming and management related experience.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable state, federal, and local laws involving any playground safety or parks and recreation specifications.
- Ability to lead and direct the activities of a large organization.
- Ability to maintain cooperative relationships with other city officials, the general public, and the news media.
- Ability to remain calm and act resourcefully in an emergency.
- Ability to operate the following: computer, printer, telephone, copy machine, calculator, and vehicle.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, AND/OR CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: (IF YOU DON'T HAVE THESE, GO GET THEM AND COME BACK):
Formal Education: Four-year Bachelors' degree in Parks & Recreation Administration, Physical Education, Public Administration or the equivalent is required.
Certifications: Posses or able to obtain professional certifications related to Recreation, such as but not limited to, Life Guarding Instructor Certificate, First Aid and CPR/AED, Water Safety Instructor, CPRP, CPSM, CPO, AFO, and Red Cross Instructor.
Experience: Two years progressive leadership experience in Municipal Parks and Recreation
programs or the equivalent is preferred.
Other Requirements: Valid Texas Drivers License with an acceptable driving record. Registered professional is preferred. Satisfactory Criminal Background Record.
This position description has been prepared to assist in defining job responsibilities, physical demands, and skills needed. It is not intended as a complete list of job duties, responsibilities, and/or essential functions. This description is no intended to limit or modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under supervision. The City of Kyle retains and reserves any or all rights to change, modify, amend, add to or delete, from any section of this document as it deems, in its judgment, to be proper.