Ex Supply Chain
FedEx Supply Chain, a subsidiary of FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX), is a leader in the third-party logistics industry offering a diverse service portfolio that enables commerce for businesses. With a proven track record of innovation and operational excellence, FedEx Supply Chain takes a consultative approach to optimize logistics processes, implement innovative technology and drive continuous improvement. By leveraging best practices and the world-renowned FedEx network, FedEx Supply Chain delivers leading solutions that provide flexibility, enable scalability and improve cost-effectiveness for customers. Through more than 11,000 employees, 130 operations and 35 million square feet of warehouse space, FedEx Supply Chain manages nearly 150 million packages and processes 358 million returns each year. For more information, go to supplychain.fedex.com.
- A strong FedEx brand consistently ranked among the world's most admired and trusted employers.
- A top notch leadership team with the experience needed to grow and develop your career.
- An open mind for new ideas and creative methods.
- A strong compensation and benefits package, including health, vision, dental, 401k with a strong match and much more!
The Specialist, Inventory Control Auditor is responsible for the management of inventory control processes in third party logistic operations. This strategic role is an expert for supply chain logistics in the areas of inventory accuracy, trends, root-cause analysis and reporting. Manage regional inventory validation, reconciliation, process and documentation reviews and seasonal dynamics. This position will develop self-audit schedules and train the management staff on timely completion for new and existing business.
This position will be responsible for…..
- Responsible for implementation and best practice for procedures and controls to ensure accuracy for all Supply Chain inventory.
- Provide guidance to management and increase the ability of the business to control inventory, reconcile physical inventories, adhere to compliance, and conduct internal audits.
- Assist in the creation of detailed audit programs to achieve audit objectives for operational and financial focused audits. This includes assessing the adequacy, efficacy and efficiency of current Company operating policies/procedures and determine compliance with established policies/procedures.
- Determines schedule of audit programs to identify and drive standardization of controls, best practices and enterprise-wide inventory opportunities.
- Develop business process for identifying risks and make recommendations for correcting unsatisfactory inventory conditions including improving operations, reducing cost and enhancing contributions of the inventory controls team.
- Provide inventory process knowledge, including training, improvement initiatives, process tools and methodologies.
- Maintain awareness of current and emerging issues related to inventory controls, including but not limited to, IT, operations, regulatory and accounting changes.
- Assist in leading meetings with management in communicating initiatives, inventory controls, findings and recommendations and various other matters as deemed necessary
- Assist in Internal Audit review and control deficiency analysis and development of remediation plans (including root cause analysis).
- Work with facilities to report metrics for consolidation into corporate dashboard; ensure quality and accuracy of information being provided. Monitor for trends and address proactively. Escalate as appropriate for risks.
- Participate in the standardization of warehouse management system platform to ensure appropriate inventory functionality.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
You might be a great fit if….
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Engineering, Information Technology, Inventory Management, Supply Chain or related field preferred and 6 years of experience in audit, internal controls, compliance, finance, asset protection, supply chain, inventory management or related area required.
- In lieu of degree, high school diploma or GED and 8 years of relevant experience.
- Certification in Control Self-Assessment (CCSA) and/or Certified Fraud Examiners (CFE) preferred.
- Software skills, including use of Microsoft Office software and web-based applications.
- Knowledge with warehouse management software, Manhattan experience preferred
- Verbal and written communication skills necessary to explain complex and/or confidential information.
- Presentation skills necessary to facilitate training and/or deliver informational sessions to groups and/or individuals.
- Time management, organizational and multi-tasking skills necessary to work in a fast-paced environment, handling various tasks and changing priorities, while maintaining a high attention to detail and accuracy to achieve daily assignments and goals.
- Ability to anticipate and identify problems and use sound judgment and fact-based analysis to develop effective and efficient solutions.
- Ability to develop effective methods for tracking and monitoring data or information.
With or without accommodation:
- Ability to follow policies and procedures.
- Ability to read, write and interpret information.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Ability to sit/walk/stand for up to 8 hours per day.
- Ability to travel; regional travel required
- Must possess visual acuity, i.e., close, distance, and color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
ADA – FedEx Supply Chain will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Reasonable accommodations are available for qualified individuals with disabilities throughout the subsequent application process.
Fed Ex Supply Chain is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Job ID: 27667