Position: Loan Officer Assistant (Bilingual Spanish)
The Loan Officer Assistant (LOA) works directly with and supports the loan origination staff (loan officers, sales managers etc.). By working collaboratively with the loan origination staff and processing team, a successful LOA has current product knowledge of loan programs and will be able to communicate loan requirements with customers, processors and loan officers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Communicates with the customer (borrower), real estate agents and escrows at the start of the transaction
- Collects customer documentation necessary to complete the loan transaction, such as income documentation, asset statements and initial disclosures documents.
- Assists loan originators with preapprovals and loan structuring.
- Assists loan originators with loan pricing options/support and managing lock expiration dates.
- Updates all parties with status of loan transaction as necessary.
- Ordering of standard loan requirements and verifications such as, title, escrow, appraisal, verification of employments, verification of assets etc.
Desired Job Competencies:
- Demonstrate proficient product knowledge of FHA, VA, Conventional and other loan programs such as Home Equity Lines of Credit, 2nd Mortgages,
- Ability to analyze tax returns and accurately calculate income for all types of borrowers.
- Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism, customer service, and communication with customer, processor and LO
- Proficient with Encompass
- Understanding of compliance regulations and investor guidelines.
- Has knowledge of commonly used terminology, concepts and practices and procedures within the mortgage industry.
- Ability to meet time deadlines while working under pressure.
- Ability to effectively handle simultaneous tasks and projects in a fast paced environment.
- Able to effectively and efficiently work independently or as a member of a team.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule that may include some evening and weekend hours.
- Two or more years' recent mortgage operations, underwriting and/or processing experience.
- Current hands on loan officer assistant, processing or underwriting experience.
- Knowledge of and experience working with FNMA, FHLMC, FHA, VA and other refinance and purchase loan programs and mortgage insurance guidelines.
Other Duties: This job may require frequent sitting or standing for long periods of time. This job profile is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and responsibilities, as one may perform additional related duties as assigned in order to meet the needs of the organization.
Work Authorization: Must be able to verify identity and employment eligibility to work in the U.S.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be able to lift up to ten pounds. Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in an office setting; to stand or sit for prolonged periods of time; to occasionally stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, reach, and twist; to lift, carry, push, and/or pull light to moderate amounts of weight; to operate office equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination including use of a keyboard; and to verbally communicate to exchange information. VISION: See in the normal visual range with or without correction. HEARING: Hear in the normal audio range with or without correction.
[EOE/M/F/D/V. Drug-free workplace.]