Built on a culture of safety and integrity, NMS delivers award-winning, integrated support services to a variety of clients in food service, facilities management, camp services, security and hotel management in Alaska and the continental U.S. We are proud to serve not only our original oilfield clients, but also clients from federal, state and local governments, corporate facilities, healthcare institutions, schools and universities, manufacturing centers, and the transportation and telecommunications industry. Our clients have peace of mind knowing we are committed to delivering best-in-class service, and we bring creativity, technology and experience to every project. Our mission is to provide management and support services at a level of quality, value, safety and expertise beyond our clients' expectations. At NMS, we expect our employees to fulfill that mission in every aspect of their work.
The Hospital Cashier position receives cash from customers or employees in payment for food items purchased. This position is based in Kotzebue, Alaska working at the Maniilaq Health Center.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Makes change or cashes checks.
- Operates cash register to record price, compile printed list, and display costs.
- Check cafeteria area periodically to make sure all is continually stocked and everything is full/working.
- Continually wipes and cleans dining room and other associated areas.
- Prepares special lists and their prices.
- Observes any problems with the quality or quantity of food being served.
- Assists customers as needed requested with general information, inquires, etc.
- Places cash drawers from the safe into registers.
- Brews a wide variety of specialty coffees, tea, chocolate, using coffee urns or makers, teapots, drink mixers, etc.
- May assist other employees in the food service area to help out as needed.
- Head/Lead Cashier - (In addition to the above)
- Supervises cashiers and may, in some instances, direct other assigned personnel.
- Supervises all phases of cashier transactions, operations, and other general “front end“ activities.
- Monitors meal tickets, time sheets, and other materials such as invoices to keep them in line with sound business practices.
- Record cash received and prepares reports of transactions including bank deposits.
- Reads and records totals shown on cash register tape and verifies/balances against cash on hand.
- Delegates cleaning projects as are appropriate to situation.
- Periodically checks mail and suggestion box.
- Assists manager with special projects.
- Other duties that are pertinent to the department or unit's success also may be assigned.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Must have at least three (3) months experience with cash handling procedures, cleaning processes, and cleaning procedures.
- Alaska Food Workers Card or ServSafe Certification contingent upon 90 days of hire.
- Must pass a fingerprinting background investigation that complies with The Crime Control Act, Child Care Worker Act and the Indian Child Protection and Family Violence Prevention Act.
- Must be fluent in speaking, reading, and writing English.
- Barista experience preferred.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
Noise level: Moderate
Office conditions: Pace of work environment: Medium
Customer Interaction: High
Description of environment: Hospital Food Service
Frequently required to walk, stand and lift. Occasionally required to pull and push.
Physical requirements: Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds.
NMS Core Values
Safety guides our behavior.
Honesty and integrity govern our activities.
Commitments made will be fulfilled.
All individuals are treated with dignity and respect.
The environment will be protected and sustained.
Work in an organized and effectively manner with co-workers, customers and supervisors.
Math skills sufficient to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Shareholder Preference
NMS is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran protected status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. NANA grants employment preference to shareholders of NANA and their spouses and descendants to the extent allowed by law.
It is NMS policy to conduct background checks, drug testing and a physical assessment, as applicable, once an offer has been accepted, in accordance with company and/or contract requirements.
If you are a job seeker with a disability and require accessibility assistance or an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please submit a request by telephone or via email. In order to appropriately assist you with an accommodation, we ask that you please specify the assistance needed in order to access our jobsite and post for a position. The dedicated email and telephonic options are listed below and are reserved only for individuals with disabilities needing accessibility assistance.
To request an accommodation by telephone, contact us at: 1-800-478-2000
To request an accommodation by email, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org