Providence is calling a Registered Nurse (RN) Temporary (Emergency Department, Variable Shift, 0.9 FTE) to Providence Kodiak Alaska Medical Center in Kodiak, AK. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Have you ever wondered what it would be like to work in Kodiak? Here is your chance to try! We are offering a temporary role for experienced ED RNs to join our team! We anticipate the role to be for up to six months. What's even better is that we will pay for transportation and your housing!
In this position you will:
- Assess, diagnose, plan, implement and evaluate patients care to achieve patient goals and to optimize outcomes.
- Effectively advocate for ethical and holistic care to promote the autonomy, dignity, rights, values and beliefs of those we serve.
- Foster a learning environment for patient/families, nursing, and other members of the healthcare team including students.
- Align practice with safety and quality.
- Be accountable for safety, identify and correct problems.
- Engage in ongoing professional development; promote a culture of inquiry that explores, integrates and disseminates research and evidence based practice.
- Lead and coordinate teams, delegate, coordinate care and collaborate with others as equal members of the inter-professional care team to integrate nursing knowledge.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Nursing degree/diploma required upon hire.
- Bachelors degree in Nursing or higher within 3 years of hire.
- A RN with 20 years of RN experience will not be required to obtain a BSN.
- Exceptions will be considered on a case-by-case basis at each facility by the most senior administrative nursing leader in consultation with the Human Resources leader.
- RNs employed prior to 1/1/17 are encouraged to obtain a Bachelors degree or higher degree in Nursing, but obtaining the degree will not be a condition of employment.
- Unencumbered RN license in state(s) of hire, and wherever care is delivered. If RN holds a multi-state license through the Nurse Licensure Compact (NLC), the RN must adhere to the requirements of licensure in the new state(s) of hire.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) card must be from the following authorized governing bodies: American Heart Association (AHA) - (BLS Provider), American Red Cross (ARC) - (BLS for Health Care Provider), or Military Training Network (MTN) (BLS Provider) upon hire.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certificate within 6 months of hire
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certificate within 6 months of hire
- Emergency Nurse Pediatric Course (ENPC) certificate within 6 months of hire
- Trauma Nursing Core Course (TNCC) certificate within 6 months of hire
- Sugar Temperature Airway Blood pressure Labwork and Emotional responsibility (STABLE) certificate within 6 months of hire
- At least 1 year of ED nursing experience required.
Preferred qualifications in this position include:
- Bachelors degree in nursing upon hire
- National Certification in area of specialty
About Kodiak Island Medical Center
Providence Kodiak Island Medical Center (PKIMC) provides comprehensive health care to residents and visitors of Kodiak Island. This critical access hospital features 25 acute care beds, including four birthing suites, one OB triage room, and two ICU beds. In addition, the Elder House, PKIMCs long term care facility, has 22 beds.
PKIMC provides an extensive array of inpatient and outpatient services, including emergency department, surgery, laboratory services, maternity, general medicine, physical therapy, occupational therapy, respiratory therapy, sleep studies, specialty clinics, diagnostic imaging services and pharmacy and is staffed by a mix of primary care physicians, surgeons and specialists who provide family practice, internal medicine, obstetrics, radiology and general practice.
For more information regarding Providence Kodiak Island Medical Center, please click on the following link: