Greet and assist customers. Schedule appointments, verify insurance coverage, maintain accurate patient records, and assist with preliminary testing under the Optometrist's supervision.
- Greet and assist customers. Schedule appointments according to the Resources Scheduling guidelines. Answer the phone, answer patients' questions, check patients in and out, collect payments, monitor and perform other front desk tasks as needed.
- Perform preliminary testing data collection as directed.
- Maintain complete and accurate patient records.
- Call for insurance preauthorization. Follow up on hold authorizations.
- Clean and maintain the reception area.
- Offer current promotions and pricing guidelines to customers. Discuss benefits and features of the discount club card with customers.
- Maintain outside and internal Doctor Referral log for medical patients.
- Offer current promotions and starting prices to customers
- One year of experience, optical preferred.
- HS diploma, GED or 1-5 years of equivalent related job experience
- Work changing schedules to meet business demands
- Work inside location
- Strong organizational skills
- Speak clearly and effectively
- Calculate and manipulate numbers/data
- Read English
- Problem solving/reasoning
- Meet customer expectations
- Work under stress with interruptions and deadlines
- Follow procedures and instructions
- Use computer effectively and view computer screen
- Exhibit empathy in all interactions
- Bend and stoop continuously
- Reach above shoulder continuously
- Cross training in all departments as needed
Essential Responsibilities related to Physical Demands/Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the associate is required to stand, use hands and fingers to handle, feel, pick or pinch, and talk or hear most of the time. The associate is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The associate must frequently lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. The noise level in this location is moderate (use of computers, printers and machines).
Amount of Time
1/3 to 2/3
Use hands to touch, handle, or feel
Reach with Hands and Arms
Climb or balance
Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
Talk or hear
Essential Responsibilities related to Behavioral Characteristics:
- Must be detail orientated and well organized.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively with other associates and clients.
- Must be energetic and self-motivated.
- Must be a team player.
- Must be able to problem solve.
- Ability to work onsite and participate in interactive onsite meetings on a regular and predictable basis.
- Ability to initiate immediate interaction, coordination and collaboration with team members, clients, customers etc.
HIPAA & Security Requirements
All Associates must comply with the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as it pertains to disclosures of protected health information (PHI) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and HIPAA Privacy Policies and Procedures. As a component of job roles and responsibilities, Associates may have access to covered information, cardholder data or other confidential customer information which must be protected at all times. As a result, Associates must explicitly adhere to all data security guidelines established within the Company's Privacy & Security Training Program.
Visionworks is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the hiring, advancement and fair treatment of individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender, national origin, ethnicity, disability or veteran status, or any other protected status designated by federal, state or local law.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully. As required by changing business needs, complete additional essential responsibilities as identified and assigned.
- Job Family Contributor
- Job Function Retail Incentive Plan
- Pay Type Hourly