About Summit Medical Group
Summit Medical Group is East Tennessee's largest primary care organization with more than 300 providers at 60 practice locations in 13 counties. Summit also consists of four diagnostic centers, mobile diagnostic services, eight physical therapy centers, four express clinics, central laboratory, extensivist clinic, and sleep services center. Summit provides healthcare services to more than 280,000 patients, averaging over one million encounters annually. For more information, visit www.summitmedical.com
In addition to our commitment to the health of our community, our organization is also committed to the health of our employees through our employee Wellness Program. Employees receive a discounted monthly insurance premium if they actively participate in the wellness program. Furthermore, Summit Medical Group hires only non-tobacco users. Pre-employment drug testing will include testing for nicotine, and only candidates who pass the drug test will be considered eligible for employment.
About Our Career Opportunity
Concord Medical Center, a division of Summit Medical Group, is seeking a Medical Records Clerk responsible for scanning and sorting patient records necessary for patient care, assuring loose reports are scanned, and sorted into the correct EHR. This is a full time opportunity, M-F, 8am-5pm.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES: (List does not include all duties assigned)
- Gathers paperwork for scheduled appointments in advance, per site protocols.
- Returns outside films in a timely manner
- Verifies reports have accurate information, makes changes as needed.
- Delivers faxes, sorts, and scans in a timely manner into EMR.
- Picks up lab reports, dictations, X-rays and correspondence.
- Scans and sorts all medical reports.
- Continually checks for incorrectly sorted records and sorts according to system.
- Purges obsolete records and files in storage, as appropriate.
- Burns CD's and prints reports for patient or courier pick-up as requested.
- Answers phone calls, takes messages, duplicates documents and assists with other clerical duties, as requested.
- Performs duties in a professional manner while exhibiting a courteous and cooperative demeanor with patients, co-workers, management and the public.
- Attends meetings as required.
- Adheres to all appropriate aspects of the corporate compliance plan
- Maintains strictest confidentiality both internally and externally.
- Performs related work as assigned.
EDUCATION: High School Diploma preferred.
EXPERIENCE: Prefer one year experience in a medical office setting.
Apply On-line Send This Job to a Friend
© Copyright Summit Medical Group, P.L.L.C.
1275 Dick Lonas Rd NW, Suite 201
Knoxville, TN 37909
Physician & Staff Login
Proudly serving the following counties in East Tennessee:
Knox | Loudon | Blount | Sevier | Greene | Anderson
Roane | Jefferson | Campbell | Monroe | Union