Litigation Paralegal - Sr.
CGS is seeking an experienced Litigation Paralegal to join a fast moving, extremely active in-house legal team. This position is a key role related to supporting various aspects of the company's litigation portfolio including eDiscovery activities, workflow management, and attorney support.
Job functions may include:
- Provide litigation and case management support, including responding to discovery requests; issuing litigation holds; custodian management and compliance; data preservation, collection, production, and destruction; and tracking departed custodian assets.
- Manage the companys e-Discovery process and evaluate and develop related policies and procedures; serve as the point of contact for eDiscovery-related matters and inquiries; keep up-to-date with evolving industry eDiscovery and litigation trends.
- Facilitate the preservation, collection, analysis, production and review of Electronically Stored Information.
- Manage the retention and disposition of litigation-related records.
- Maintain and update a centralized case management repository.
- Work with in-house and outside counsel to respond to discovery and other requests.
- Assist with and/or manage responses to subpoenas and various requests from government agencies or other 3rd parties, e.g., Inspector General, grand jury and third party subpoenas; employment and business records requests; garnishment orders.
- Coordinate the tracking and handling of service of process (SOP) issues.
- Conduct legal and other research
Required skills, knowledge, and abilities include:
- Bachelors degree from an accredited institution and 8+ years of prior relevant legal experience, including corporate / in-house experience.
- Completion of an ABA-approved paralegal program.
- Experience with complex litigation support.
- Advanced knowledge and practical application of e-Discovery requirements, industry standards and best practices.
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, OneNote and Teams; advanced knowledge of Adobe Acrobat Pro.
- Working knowledge of common collaboration tools, such as Share Point, Slack and Igloo.
- Ability and willingness to quickly learn new software applications and tools.
- Flexibility and willingness to work on a broad range of litigation and dispute-related matters.
- Self-motivated and able to complete tasks without extensive supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with all levels of program and functional staff, senior management and external counsel.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and a commitment to professionalism, integrity and collegiality.
- Strong analytical and research skills.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize workflow and adjust to workload fluctuations.
- Aptitude and willingness to work with complex requirements and procedures.
- Ability to work independently and with a team.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and discretion.
- Ability to work well under pressure, facilitate solutions and meet deadlines and milestones for projects assigned.
THE FOLLOWING SKILLS ARE PREFERRED BUT NOT REQUIRED:
- Familiarity with document review platforms such as Relativity, Everlaw, or Disco
- Experience working directly with senior staff including lawyers and company executives
- Virginia Notary Public license
Contact Government Services strives to simplify and enhance government bureaucracy through the optimization of human, technical, and financial resources. We combine cutting edge technology with world class personnel to deliver customized solutions that fit specific needs and solve the most challenging, dynamic problems. Our team emphasizes technical expertise and an empathy to public service to provide unique top tier support for our government engagements.
SOME BENEFITS OF THIS POSITION INCLUDE:
Health, Dental, & Vision insurance
Flexible Spending Account (Health, Dependent Care, and Commuter)
Paid Time Off & Observance of State/Federal Holidays
For more information about CGS please visit: https://www.cgsfederal.com