Cirrus Aircraft's Mission is to deliver an aviation experience that is the pinnacle of innovation, quality, and safety to our customers. Cirrus Aircraft is the recognized global leader in personal aviation and the maker of the best-selling SR Series piston aircraft and the Vision Jet™, the world's first single engine Personal Jet and recipient of the 2017 Robert J. Collier Trophy. Founded in 1984, the company has redefined performance, comfort and safety in aviation with innovations like the Cirrus Airframe Parachute System® (CAPS®) – the first FAA-certified whole-airframe parachute safety system included as standard equipment on an aircraft. To date, worldwide flight time on Cirrus aircraft has passed nine million hours and over 170 people have returned home safely to their families as a result of the inclusion of CAPS® as a standard feature on all Cirrus aircraft. Find out more at cirrusaircraft.com.
Cirrus offers a competitive benefits package and is dedicated to the advancement of general aviation. The Cirrus Flying Club offers employees and their family members the unique opportunity to obtain their private pilot's license in the comfort of a Cirrus or rent a Cirrus for an impromptu adventure at a greatly reduced rate. We are committed to investing in the future of our employees and company by offering professional development and career progression opportunities and we engage employees by offering several employee and family events throughout the year, as well as the opportunity to take part in activity clubs and community events.
This opportunity is located in Knoxville, Tennessee. Chosen as the location for our Vision Center Campus, the hub of our customer experience activities, Knoxville is often described as a hidden gem. Surrounded by the Smoky Mountains and home to the rambling Tennessee River, the town offers a plethora of outdoor activities and a vibrant downtown. Very few places feature the opportunity to experience live music, culture, outdoor adventures and acclaimed cuisine in one location. It's no wonder why Knoxville was recently named as a “Top 10 Destination on the Rise“ by Trip Advisor.
Duties and Responsibilities/Essential Functions
- Confers with supervisors to identify candidates to fill their hiring requisitions in a timely manner.
- Prepares job descriptions and edits job descriptions as necessary.
- Develops a network of contacts to help identify and source qualified candidates.
- Initiates contact with possibly qualified candidates for specific job openings.
- Reviews applications and pre-screens applicants to obtain work history, education, training, job skills, and salary requirements, and to provide information about the organization and position.
- Arranges candidate telephone and onsite interviews, per the hiring manager's request.
- Attends recruitment events (job fairs, presentations at schools) promoting job opportunities
- Assists with writing and placing job advertising in various media.
- Utilizes applicant tracking system to maintain internal job postings and website postings
- Develops and maintains contacts with schools, alumni groups, and other public organizations to find and attract applicants.
- Works with external recruiters and employment agencies to identify and recruit candidates.
- Performs reference and background checks on applicants.
- Files and maintains employment records for future references.
- Corresponds with job applicants to notify them of opportunities and next steps.
- Arranges travel and lodging for applicants, as necessary.
- Authors and extends formal job offers, ensuring compensation equity across the organization.
- Arranges pre-employment physicals and drug tests. Conducts foreign national background screening.
- Plans and conducts orientation for new employees, fostering positive attitude toward Company.
- Maintains metrics data on recruitment activities, applicant flow, interviews, hires, transfers, terminations, and days to fill on a daily/weekly/monthly/annual basis.
- Champions and monitors the Cirrus Recognition program for the business unit.
- Gathers information for inclusion in weekly newsletter “In the Know“.
- Enters and scans performance review information in HCMS system.
- Assists with conducting exit interviews to determine reasons behind separation.
- Provides support for Company sponsored events.
- Orders flowers for employee life events.
- Supports the HR department in implementing programs to help improve the employee experience.
- Supports and embraces the Cirrus Service Essentials.
- Provides data entry support on behalf of the department.
- Photocopies and processes documents as required.
- Files paperwork as needed and in a timely basis.
- Creates and distributes communication pieces as needed.
- Routes daily mail accordingly.
- Maintains employee personnel files.
- Streamlines business processes to maximize efficiency and effectiveness within the department.
- Supports department team members by assisting with back-up as needed during periods of absence or high
- Participates in department and Company meetings.
- Regular, reliable and predictable attendance.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resource Management or equivalent field preferred
- Minimum of two to three years' experience in Human Resources, specializing in recruiting REQUIRED.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to effectively work with others and maintain professional demeanor.
- Exceptional Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- PHR (Professional in Human Resources) helpful, however, not required.
- Travel to career fairs and recruitment events required
Cirrus is dedicated to a drug free work environment promoting equal employment opportunity. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, national origin, color, age, disability, religion, pregnancy, veteran status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, receipt of public assistance, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.