Director of Education
Join a Team Making a Difference in the Lives of our Youth!
Immediate opening for an experienced Director of Education to provide overall management of our education program at our residential treatment facility for children, ages 5 to 17, Kingston Academy. Kingston Academy is located approximately 30 miles west of Knoxville.
The Director of Education manages all Educational Personnel and is responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of the education program. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the facility’s policies and state laws. Responsibilities include: interviewing, hiring and training employees, planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Implements the Sequel policies regarding the Health Information Portability and Accountability ACT (HIPPA) of 1196 protecting an individual’s PHI or (ePHI)
Essential Job Duties:
- Establish and maintain high quality educational program.
- Recruits, selects, and retains high qualified staff.
- Integrates the educational component of treatment with appropriate clinical interventions.
- Operates the school program in compliance with all applicable state and local regulations/standards.
- Leads the school program and represents the program with referral sources, community agencies, and trade associations.
- Provides vision regarding the trends in special education and identification of expansion opportunities.
- Maintains the fiscal integrity of the school program through timely and accurate documentation; operates with budgeted expectations.
- Manages the Title I program i.e., spending Title I funds for school supplies, applying for reimbursement for expenditures, how the funds are used and makes sure the funds are disbursed in the time frame allowed.
- Master’s Degree in education-related discipline.
- Three to five years’ experience as a Principal preferred.
- Type 105 Generic Special Education Certification, or Type 462 Modified Special Education Certification, or Type 462 Comprehensive Special Education Certification.
- Valid State driver’s license in good standing.
- Must possess good organizational and communication skills.
- Must possess supervisor skills to include: training; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Competitive base salary
- Stable career opportunity
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance after 60 days
- Company provided Short Term and Long Term Disability
- Company provided AD&D insurance
- Flexible Spending program/Health Savings Account
- 401K after 60 days
- Paid time off and holiday pay
About Kingston Academy.... In addition to our living quarters, we have an amazing school that includes nine classrooms, an infirmary, play therapy room, library and many clinical offices. Both our Residential and Educational programs are Licensed and accredited by Joint Commission, as well as Department of Mental Health and Disability services. We focus on behavioral change through the power of choice.